Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G.INP

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: G.INP

Thanks Andy - yet more proof of how dreadful Plusnet any becoming!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Quote from: AndyH
Quote from: Terranova667
There is no date for the ECI rollout at present, Kitz had a talk with a high up at openreach he said "The issue here is that some of our field test equipment requires new firmware to work with retransmission across our ECI estate. As soon as we are comfortable with the stability of this firmware, we will begin the rollout of retransmission across the ECI DSLAMs As soon as we have an update on our plans for the ECI rollout we will let you and the industry know".

The handheld tester issue was fixed a couple of months ago and the migration glidepath for ECI was published to working group members in mid Aug.

I think someone very high up ie Ian Lawrence the chief engineer which is who Kitz talked to would know what the current situation is  
AndyH
Grafter

Quote from: Terranova667
I think someone very high up ie Ian Lawrence the chief engineer which is who Kitz talked to would know what the current situation is  

That's great, but he's clearly out if the loop with the up-to-date things. I suggest he talks to Paul Sadd or Phil Everett.
chrcoluk
Grafter

more likely he held things back due to having his name put on the publication.  Or prevented kitz from adding some of the information, sadly thats what happens when its made official with a name attached.
grahamt
Rising Star

Thanks, Andrue, for the link to the Kitz/Ian Lawrence interview. I *think* I've got it now.
AndyH
Grafter

Quote from: chrcoluk
more likely he held things back due to having his name put on the publication.  

There is nothing preventing any ISP (that has been briefed) on publishing the rollout schedule for retransmission on ECI cabs/lines. It won't be very informative though as it will just say starts on X date and schedule to be completed by X date.
Edit: I should add, I would be very surprised if any ISP publishes any information about the ECI retransmission rollout.
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

What hasn't been answered is why Openreach haven't issued a firmware update for the ECI modems so that they would support G.INP in both directions when connected to Huawei cabinets.
AndyH
Grafter

This probably comes more from the suppliers though.
Are there any examples of an ECI modem supporting both down/upstream retransmission on non-ECI cabs in other countries at the moment?
Interesting how you only see Broadcom based devices approved in Openreach's modem testing (always BCM63168 chipset).
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

Quote from: AndyH

Interesting how you only see Broadcom based devices approved in Openreach's modem testing (always BCM63168 chipset).

HomeHub 5 type A and ECI modem aren't Broadcom, are they not approved.  Wink
JasonMassey
Grafter

Quote from: JasonMassey
Quote from: JasonMassey
G.INP has just been removed on the UPSTREAM.
Just to summarize.
First G.INP was downstream only
Then it was downstream and upstream
Then it was downstream only
Then it was downstream and upstream
Now is it downstream only.
All above is despite having a Draytek 2860n with full support for G.INP down and up, and having perfect stable connection when working.

Just to add, yesterday G.INP on upstream was re-enabled.

Just to add, today G.INP on upstream has been disabled.
I make this 7 G.INP changes in total so far.  
AndyH
Grafter

Quote from: npr
HomeHub 5 type A and ECI modem aren't Broadcom, are they not approved.   Wink

Ah...sorry, I meant other modems that had been through the Openreach testing. I suppose the upstream retransmission optionality in the SIN is due to the lack of support from some chipsets.