Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G.INP

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: G.INP

Hi, sorry to join so late, but how do you check if your line has been enabled for G.INP?
Thanks
NE  Smiley
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
mlmclaren
Grafter

What router or Modem are you using?
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

@northEasterner  you could ask someone form the CRT to post your current line profile, if it says Re-transmission in it then your line is G.INP enabled if it doesn't then it's not.
Haybasha
Rising Star

Has anyone heard of any news regarding G.INP rollout on ECI cabs yet?
mlmclaren
Grafter

Last I heard was it had/is being trailed on select amount of cabs... there was some issues and doubts of a rollout somewhere too but I'm not certain on that...
I've got a friend on an ECI right now and he is still on fast path or Interleaved depending on how much he messes with his modem Cheesy
I'm assuming something will happen with ECI's at some point but think theres alot of dotting I's and crossing T's going on this time to make sure there isn't a huge surge of complaints and engineer calls required.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

There is no known yet of ECI cabinet for G.INP enabled. I believed it only on the Huawei cabinets at present.
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

There is no date for the ECI rollout at present, Kitz had a talk with a high up at openreach he said "The issue here is that some of our field test equipment requires new firmware to work with retransmission across our ECI estate. As soon as we are comfortable with the stability of this firmware, we will begin the rollout of retransmission across the ECI DSLAMs As soon as we have an update on our plans for the ECI rollout we will let you and the industry know".

It's nothing new they said this back when the trial for the G.INP mk2 was being done, It's still a sit and wait game for ECI, I'm hoping we will see something this year but it's looking more and more doubtful.
sp1ke
Grafter

Is there a way of finding out if your cabinet is ECI?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

go and look at it as they look different
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Go and enter your telephone number on BT Availiability Checker and get the cabinet number and you go outside search and find your cabinet! Picture of cabinets here: http://www.robertos.me.uk/html/street_cabinets_etc.html
mlmclaren
Grafter

or find out your cabinet number and I can lookup what brand cabinet it is !  Smiley
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Quote from: sp1ke
Is there a way of finding out if your cabinet is ECI?

Find out here: https://www.telecom-tariffs.co.uk/codelook.htm
It's will tell u your cabinet number plus what sort of cabinet is it!
grahamt
Rising Star

Sorry - the answer's probably somewhere in the 70-odd preceding pages, but I couldn't find it quickly enough.
Could someone please summarise what the current situation is (regarding G.INP on upstream and downstream) for prople who are connected to a Huawei cabinet but have an ECI Openreach modem? I vaguely remember that there was a problem, and then some sort of fix, but I don't know what the fix was. I do know that my ping time doubled for a while, then returned to normal, but I'm not sure whether there's been any difference to my line speed.
Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

AndyH
Grafter

Quote from: Terranova667
There is no date for the ECI rollout at present, Kitz had a talk with a high up at openreach he said "The issue here is that some of our field test equipment requires new firmware to work with retransmission across our ECI estate. As soon as we are comfortable with the stability of this firmware, we will begin the rollout of retransmission across the ECI DSLAMs As soon as we have an update on our plans for the ECI rollout we will let you and the industry know".

The handheld tester issue was fixed a couple of months ago and the migration glidepath for ECI was published to working group members in mid Aug.