Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G.INP

elfish
Grafter

Re: G.INP

@jafreer,
Thanks. But I am actually getting some issues at the moment, my SNRM just randomly dropped by half yesterday evening, the only thing that I can think of which may be the cause, is that a neighbour recently received their HH5 (I know because I took delivery of it due to them being out!), and I spotted the HH5 wireless SSID appear around the same time as the SNRM drop (not suggesting its the Wi-Fi, but rather the VDSL2 service now being active on their line), which may be causing interference/crosstalk, although another neighbour has had VDSL2 longer than me, and neither of us suffered. More investigating is required.  Wink
Anyway, on to your question, the beauty of G.INP is that you retain fastpath latency times, when interleaving is applied, that adds latency, generally around 8ms. The other issue is that the G.INP fix that Openreach are rolling out, applies G.INP on the downstream, but adds error correction to the upstream (not interleaving) which is why people are complaining about a loss in upstream speed.
I wish Openreach would provide G.INP on both streams for those devices that support it.
These are the variations that my line has been through:
DS - Faspath US - Fastpath
DS - Interleaved US - Fastpath
DS - Interleaved US - Interleaved
I am currently on the middle variation.
I have found that DLM isn't as slow at changing line profiles as is the case with ADSL, so if DLM deems the line to be doing ok, it will active fastpath on both streams, but to be honest it isn't super stable, which is why I would be happy just to see G.INP applied to both streams, and be done with it. Or Vectoring.  Grin
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

^ your Fritz!Box screenshot look great as it will tell u if g.inp and g.vector is enabled or not. This information including latency too. Useful.
FortKnox101
Grafter

Back at the end of March, beginning of April I had G.INP enabled on my line but I had a incompatible modem. At the time I also had problems with the sync losing connection all the time. Engineer found out it was something to do with the card I was connected to at the cabinet and therefore changed me to a different one and reset my DLM. (or something along those lines).
Once he did all that. G.INP disappeared off my line, since then my line is now on Interleaving (1011)
In addition to the DLM reset I had already bought a Billion 8800NL router which I set up straight after as it is completely compatible with G.INP.
But G.INP has not re-activated on my line. Should it have? Is there a possible reason why it hasn't done it yet? or does it not get activated by default?
ericgripp
Grafter

I don't understand why people are expecting ginp to appear now.
When it was removed from my line I rang PN and the tech said it was being removed for the foreseeable future and couldn't comment on if it would come back. My understanding is that's it for ginp. So all. of you expecting ginp to appear I don't know why ?
For me it worked great when I had a compatible modem/router. Shame really that openreach once again make a big cock up of useful technology but im not surprised. They couldn't manage a [Censored] up in a brewery if they tried. Cue openreach defenders .......
ericgripp
Grafter

Quote from: elfish
I re-sync'ed this morning at 6am, and am back to cooking with gas.
I just need G.INP applied to my downstream! I will then be a happy bunny.

Sorry to say but its not going to happen. Everyone got the botched profile fix, even if ginp was on your line working correctly. I don't know where you got the information it would be applied. Not meaning to be rude but see my post above, im angry with openreach and the isp at this botched half assed software fix myself. I wasn't in any trial and didn't ask for the software fix as my line was flawless with ginp. I despair living in this country with crappy fttc. Id hate to live out in the sticks it would be like going back to 2006.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

My FTTC still on G.INP (nothing is removed off yet) but I think G>INP are much better than on fast path for everyones.
mlmclaren
Grafter

Openreach are currently in the process of removing G.INP from the Upstream on connections that had compatible equipment (such as HG612 or Billion 8800) and had it enabled earlier in the year (Both Up and Down).
This is due too the compatibility issues on Openreach distributed ECI modem's and Modem Router Combination's such as the BT Home Hub 5, these device's seem to be capable of using G.INP (not confirmed) on the downstream only, but once enabled on upstream will cause major issues which most are aware of.
It is not confirmed whether G.INP will become a major part of the DLM system used on the DSLAM's but currently it looks like it isn't being distributed automatically by DLM... However I can only assume that once Openreach has finished removing G.INP on the Upstream from all its currently Enabled cabinet's they will review the situation again and if there is no apparent capability issues with using it on the downstream then I can only assume they will alter the DLM systems so that it applies it to lines prior to Interleaving if required.
To confirm I'm connecting using a compatible HG612 modem, I was enabled with G.INP on both my downstream and upstream in March, I've since noticed that it is no longer being used on my upstream and has been replaced with Fast Path but it is still activated on my downstream.
My neighbour who is using an incompatible BT Home Hub 5A saw his connection decline due to G.INP being activated on his connection, with a substantial increase in base latency and a decrease in his attainable speed, since Openreach disabled G.INP on his upstream he is now syncing at the max attainable rates for his connection and has seen his latency reduce back to normal.

and to confirm finally, connections that currently DO NOT have G.INP ENABLED will not see it applied anytime soon!
Those who have brought equipment to make themselves fully compatible with G.INP may well want to enquire with there retailer about returning the item for a refund "If possible" though match making chipset's to your DSLAM is highly recommended...
I'm sorry if this isn't what you wanted to hear but hope it helps  Smiley
FortKnox101
Grafter

Thanks "mlmclaren". Your information has cleared up things quite a bit.  Smiley
JasonMassey
Grafter

I'm using a Draytek 2860n,
As of just now, G.INP still enabled on both upstream and downstream.
mlmclaren
Grafter

Openreach haven't got to you yet then!
alext05
Grafter

Anyone knows what percentage of the original G.INPed lines had fix number two applied to them, as someone quoted 50% two three weeks ago? Still waiting for fix to my line.
AndyH
Grafter

Not sure who quoted the 50%...
As of 9/10 June, they had migrated 935k lines over to the new profile. They can do 50-60k lines a day and there are some 4.5 million Huawei lines, so I would say they are about half way through now. I'll get the updated figures next week.
alext05
Grafter

Quote from: kitz
Lines enabled or reset after the last week of March wont have MkI G.INP applied.   
However I fully expect those lines to catch up and have retransmission applied on the downstream during the roll out of 'the fix'.   So far about 50% of Huawei lines have been done.

Thanks, Andy. I think I came across the figure here, but my interpretation might have been wrong.
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

Perhaps a question that has already been answered - but if I currently have G.Inp enabled on my downstream, but not upstream, will that G.inp imminently be removed? Or will it remain (at least for now).
I am on a Huawei cabinet with a Huawei HG612 modem.
Thanks in advance.
mlmclaren
Grafter

It looks like if you have G.INP enabled on downstream and not Upstream... it's staying put FOR NOW though I believe if DLM kicks in and removes it for any reason like a DLM reset or it detects a fault then chances of getting it back are currently NIL