cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G.INP

ericgripp
Grafter

Re: G.INP

yep I had G.INP remove a week ago as well, some fix, pretty disgusting on Openreachs part. Piss poor management as usual. Back to errors again. Funny how this new so called fix has actually made things worse. Cue Openreach defenders .....
mlmclaren
Grafter

Quote from: ericgripp
Cue Openreach defenders .....

LOL, But true!
My neighbour has a BTHH5a which is one of the devices this fix is supposed to help but he has lost upstream sync now!... he has had his downstream restored though! so now he only gets 11000kbps compared to my 19999kbps and my modem reports 21000 being available... though when G.INP was enbled it was 25000-26000...
So yes... Hell of a fix  Roll_eyes
NoZephy
Rising Star

Quote from: ericgripp
Cue Openreach defenders .....

There are people who exist that defend the BT Openreach/Wholesale devisions?
News to me Grin
JasonMassey
Grafter

Quote from: kitz

We've also seen that a change of FTTC product or change of ISP or a DLM reset by the engineer all removing g.inp totally from the line. 

Just reading last couple of pages of this thread.
I have a Draytek 2860 and G.INP is working fine both on TX and RX with faster speeds than before G.INP.  Despite this there are situations where G.INP could be removed?
alext05
Grafter

We've also seen that a change of FTTC product or change of ISP or a DLM reset by the engineer all removing g.inp totally from the line. 

Just wanted to pick up on this too, particularly changing ISP scenario.
Did all users changing ISPs had their G.INP removed or only some, and if so, what was the common denominator for them?
Did the affected users see their G.INP return back automatically after, let's say, a certain period of time or not? If not, what did they do to get it back, if anything? Thanks.
elfish
Grafter

Quote from: JasonMassey

Just reading last couple of pages of this thread.
I have a Draytek 2860 and G.INP is working fine both on TX and RX with faster speeds than before G.INP.   Despite this there are situations where G.INP could be removed?

BTO are rolling out a so called 'fix' that disables G.INP on the upstream and instead adds error correction of which is lowering upload speeds, as reported by users. This roll out is I believe, also being applied to those who are running G.INP on both up and down streams without issue!
I would keep an eye out if I were you, to see if speeds change or stats change I.e G.INP on the up stream goes.
JasonMassey
Grafter

Openreach are communist then!
You can choose an aftermarket modem with working G.INP,  then because Openreach can't sort their own modems no one can have it.
deathtrap
Grafter

Yes the fix removes G.inp from the upstream ,and is probably the default profile, the loss of upstream sync or attainable rate is due the increased amount of error correction applied to the upstream, even though it looks similar to the fast path config in the modems stats, what isnt clear is what action will DLM take should the the upstream error rate threshold be breeched ? logic would suggest that G.inp would be re-applied by what it's programmed to do is guess work as BT likes to be secretive about these things
kitz
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: JasonMassey
Openreach are communist then!
You can choose an aftermarket modem with working G.INP,  then because Openreach can't sort their own modems no one can have it.

At the risk of sounding like an Openreach apologist Wink that isn't true. 
You will still get retransmission on the downstream (and there may even be some who object to that - ie lines which sync @ full speed and which are rock stready and no need for it).
All thats happened is that the upstream has been levelled and its been removed from the default profile.  Theres many, many lines which operate successfully without any upstream error protection.  Switching it off the default for upstream isnt such a big deal.. Plus if the line is unstable enough to cause ErrSecs and needs intervention AND the line & its equipment are capable then according to the DLM profile list provided by Andy, its still an option.
Makes sense to me, that this is the best way of doing it Smiley  It also makes things better for those on ECI cabs which cant do upstream g.inp.. so now theyre not going to be automatically hit with Error Protection that they dont need.  You think it was bad that they botched the first rollout to just the Huawei cabs..  all hell would have broken out if it reached the ECI's too.
As I said in one of my other posts G.INP isnt always such a good thing and there are cases where it can make line conditions worse, regardless if compatible modems are used or not.
elfish
Grafter

DLM has decided to apply interleaving to both up and down streams! And sync speed both up and down have dropped.  Angry
What a joke.
Latency times are now around 25ms.
mlmclaren
Grafter

are you ECI or Huawei.... thats cabinet and modem?
G.INP is supposed to remain in place on Downstream... i thought!
I'm just waiting for my upstream to get Interleaved...
elfish
Grafter

Huawei cab. Even though my CPE supports G.INP on the up and downstream's, I haven't had G.INP enabled on either path.
Thus my anger towards the whole G.INP implementation/lack there of.
DLM has been going back and forth between Fast path and interleaving on my line since VDSL2 was enabled. I wish G.INP would just be enabled on both up and down and be done with it.
mlmclaren
Grafter

Well last I heard was G.INP is only going to be used on downstream now as ECI modems don't support/ work correctly with it enabled on upstream...
My line was enabled with G.INP on both downstream and upstream in March and had showed great improvements... Yadda Yadda Yadda.. however in the last couple of weeks it has been removed from my upstream.
So far it has left my line with G.INP on Downstream and Fast Path on Upstream, but modem does report errors on upstream now so hoping it don't end up being interleaved too.
Also hoping that G.INP isn't removed from the line all together..
Can you confirm what kit you are using at home?
elfish
Grafter

I am aware of the G.INP so called 'fix' of it being removed from the upstream, but if you read back a page or two, kitz says that lines enabled after a certain date may not feature G.INP at all. My VDSL2 service has only recently been enabled (around 1 month now).
CPE is a Fritz!Box 3790, it certainly supports G.INP in both directions as other members have had it working, but as you say, the G.INP so called 'fix' is being rolled out.
Why can't Openreach provide a way to supply G.INP on both directions, when both modem and DSLAM support it? Surely negations take place between said devices to agree on what parameters are supported.
mlmclaren
Grafter

oh ok...
Theoretically it should be a profile that DLM can put on a line when confirming compatibility but I think it has been pulled completely until further notice... maybe we will see it enabled again in future.