Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G.INP on line? & peak speed drop

StingA
Grafter

G.INP on line? & peak speed drop

Hey
Around a week ago it appears my line disconnected and reconnected quickly, maybe placing G.INP on the line - I don't really care I was just interested in yes or no.
So here is the disconnection (base latency increased by 1ms, not that it really indicates anything).

For the last few weeks my max sync has hovered around 95mbps. It was over 124mbps but every time someone got added to the cabinet I lose between 2 and 5 mbps. The max sync on the downstream is now back up to over 100mbps, I seem to remember somewhere that G.INP can have a slight improvement on sync. The following has also changed in my routerstats:
dataPath=Interleaved
interleaveDepth=0

lineNumber=0
upstreamCurrRate=19999
downstreamCurrRate=79999
upstreamMaxRate=29996
downstreamMaxRate=101712
I was also getting around 200 CRC errors a day on the downstream. Since the last reconnect I haven't had any.
The reconnect unfortunately moved me onto gateway pcl-ag02 from ptn-bng03. The speed on the HTTPx1 test fluctuates quite a lot. On ptn-bng03 it would flat line max the same as the HTTPx6 test. Guess I was just lucky for a while Smiley

Dan
3 REPLIES 3
StingA
Grafter

Re: G.INP on line? & peak speed drop

really?!
StingA
Grafter

ptn-bng01.
Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: StingA
really?!
Yeah I was going to check mine tonight. I've been out of the country since the weekend but noticed that I'm getting packet loss during peak hours (albeit not a huge amount) and a week or two ago I seemed to suffer from the old 'multithreaded v singlethreaded throughput' issue.