cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G.INP on ECI Modem

node4

G.INP on ECI Modem

I have been on Plusnet Fibre since the early days - rocking an ECI B-FOCUS V-2FUB/I REV.B modem.
Recently my pings appear to have raised from 5ms to over 11 and my download speed has dropped a few megabit. Could this be an indication that G.INP has been enabled - maybe my modem hasn't been remotely updated to work with it?
I've had a quick read about and I'm not certain this revision of the ECI modem is even capable of running the newer firmware - I'd love to know if there is anyone else in a similar situation?
7 REPLIES 7
demonix01
Grafter

Re: G.INP on ECI Modem

I have exactly the same modem, and I originally had a download speed drop when G.inp was enabled on my cabinet but it seems to have been fixed recently, however since your speeds have only dropped slightly and not by the normal 10Mb/s it's possible that G.inp isn't the issue (if you're on a cabinet with ECI hardware then it won't be since the rollout of G.inp hasn't started yet and are still rolling it out on Huawei cabinets).
node4

Thanks for the great reply! Yeah I'm definitely on an ECI DSLAM, so it not G.INP Smiley
I'm really not sure what has caused the recent drop. I've managed to get some stats from a modem - is it just my lack of sleep or do these kbps speeds look messed up?

In all fairness this isn't the worst download speed I've seen today. I don't want to keep rebooting the modem, else I know interleaving will kick in!

Do we know when G.INP is expected to roll out to ECI cabs?
Estragon
Rising Star

Those stats are garbage. What modem did you use?
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

ECI cab rollout is expected to start in August sometime no firm dates given though. 
node4

Quote from: Estragon
Those stats are garbage. What modem did you use?

A spare ECI modem I recently unlocked. I've been thinking about getting hold of something like a Fritz Box or Billion.

Quote from: Terranova667
ECI cab rollout is expected to start in August sometime no firm dates given though. 

Thanks for the heads up!
leader
Grafter

Thats an old one  Shocked
Its always given strange outputs:
{the s19setext files are incorrect if you into that sort of thing}
There  are newer  eci's  with Retransmission  enabled by default  if you like your separate modem / router set up.
Or  as you say a  lantiq based frizbox's would work well.
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

@node4 no problem, i'm on a ECI cab myself so keeping a close eye on when the roll out is happening.