Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G.INP on ECI FTTC cabinet query

FIXED
bigshorty40
Grafter

G.INP on ECI FTTC cabinet query

Hi All

I've heard that BT Openreach are enabling G.INP on ECI FTTC cabinets during the latter part of this year. Does anyone have any definitive news on this topic? Is there any way of finding out when my cabinet is likely to have G.INP enabled, if in fact it is actually happening?

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: G.INP on ECI FTTC cabinet query

Fix

Don't think there is any recent new on this, only rumours and hope.

The following link is the most encouraging new I've seen, but after so long without G.INP on ECI cabinets I'm not holding out much hope of seeing it this year.

http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,19830.0.html

bigshorty40
Grafter

Cheers for your reply npr.

From your response I presume you are on an ECI cabinet? It would be nice if they could sort this out sooner rather than later. My line is a bit temperamental, one minute its on fast path, a few days later the dlm adds interleaving and delay, then anywhere between 3 days to 2 weeks it'll go back on fast path, and keep going through this cycle. I'm monitoring my line and I know the cause of this is down to errored seconds, which after 4 Openreach engineer visits I've basically been told it's just the nature of my line. I'm pretty sure getting G.INP enabled on my line would help a great deal in lowering the errors, and keeping me on fast path.

Roll on the day it gets enabled.

npr
Pro

I'm sure G.INP would help your line a lot.

Yes I'm on a ECI cabinet, but upstream is my main problem, 0.6Mbps at present. Sad

bigshorty40
Grafter

0.6Mbps on upstream!Shocked Blimey, that's really not good, sorry to hear that! Hopefully G.INP will help you out there, when it eventually gets enabled.Angry

Downstream for me is my main culprit.

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

There won't be any G.INP on the upstream from ECI cabinets.

npr
Pro

Do we know that for sure?
It's really a change in cabinet firmware I'm hoping for, it's the present firmware that destroyed my upstream.

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

We don't know anything for sure, it's always someone said that Openreach said ... and then you can't even be sure if whoever from Openreach actually understood what they were talking about.

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2017/06/stability-boost-bt-set-fix-g-inp-eci-fibre-broadband-ca...