cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G-Fast / Fibre Max 300mbps service.

RichardWebb2011

G-Fast / Fibre Max 300mbps service.

Talk Talk and EE are now offering 300mbps from our local exchange (Morley) - when will Plusenet be introducing the same?

17 REPLIES 17
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: G-Fast / Fibre Max 300mbps service.

Not likely to be because it still on trial pilot.

RichardWebb2011

where is the trial ?  I've seen the FTTP trials, but not G-Fast trials. 
EE and TalkTalk both offer the 300Mbps new copper service now in my area.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@goldenfibre wrote:

Not likely to be because it still on trial pilot.

The FTTP trial closed to new users at the end of july.  There is currently no G-Fast product available from Plusnet.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RichardWebb2011

thanks guys - 

but … I know they currently don't offer it at the moment

My Question was (and especially as the competition do offer it) WHEN will PlusNet be offering it? 

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Maybe you have to ask Adam Walker about this. I have no idea of when will plusnet will start to offer G. Fast as BT isp already do this but plusnet are the same company with BT but on different network thought.
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

@goldenfibre wrote:
 but plusnet are the same company with BT but on different network thought.

Sorry, but you are wrong. BT, EE and PlusNet are all part of the BT Group, all use BTWholesale for the Broadband/FTTC/FTTP services, who in turn use Openreach for the physical infrastructure and lines. Openreach are currently also part of the BT Group.

Where I suspect you my be getting confused is the use of the backhaul bandwidth, some have some of their on links, some just use the BTW links.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

My Question was (and especially as the competition do offer it) WHEN will PlusNet be offering it? 

Plusnet will never tell you that. They never say anything about future product releases until they are ready to be sold.

So if you need something Plusnet doesn't offer, it is historically better to go to a supplier who offers it now. As the wait time here may stretch to infinity.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @RichardWebb2011,

I'm afraid we don't currently have any information to share on if or when we'll be expanding our products to include FTTP/G.Fast.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

It's appear that PN are falling behind than other isp's offering it. But I can understand why is this because PN are cheaper broadband while other ISPs are more expensive than PN.

ashgeo
Grafter

I see my local PCP & FTTC cabinets have just had the (probable) G.fast pod attached to the recently upgraded PCP cabinet (despite Ashford, Kent not appearing in the G.fast roll-out plans). Is there any news around and about if/when PlusNet are taking on G.fast connections, and if so what are the likely profiles (as FTTP connections are "stuck" on an 80/20 profile)..... Just curious as my BT Wholesale check does not yet show it's available.

My FTTC connection is a very stable 66/16 and I wondered what that represents in terms of a potential G.fast connection. I believe my line length to PCP cab is around the 400-500m range and is a "non-impacted line" i.e new copper all the way, less than 15 years old.

Many thanks in advance.

George

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @ashgeo

As per HarryB's response, I'm afraid we don't have any further information to provide you on these products.

Thank you

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

@goldenfibre wrote:

It's appear that PN are falling behind than other isp's offering it. But I can understand why is this because PN are cheaper broadband while other ISPs are more expensive than PN.

Talk Talk is not more expensive it's very much on the same level as plusnet in some cases cheaper yet Plusnet is always way behind on introducing new stuff for some weird reason.

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

If Plusnet don't offer G.Fast service, I am sure the customer has every right to move to other ISP and PN can waive the contract with immediate effect because of no service product available for G.Fast to be upgraded for the customer from FTTC. I think it can be done.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@goldenfibre  I really do not see a case for your assumption,  Plusnet are supplying and supporting the product you selected and purchased.  Just because a newer product has appeared on the market and Plusnet are currently choosing to not offer that product does not give a reason to allow you to waive your contract? 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.