Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Futher speed lossess ongoing - now 20Mb lost since signing up

FIXED
snadge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

Futher speed lossess ongoing - now 20Mb lost since signing up

...furthering on from my previous posts about my speed drop from 80Mb to 64Mb which was never resolved even though ive had 3 BTO visits (after 9 months solid at 79,995k)

anyway,

....I noticed this morning that my routers modem had re-synced at 4am, it now sits at 67Mb but this is on Fastpath (which inflates actual sync and max sync speeds by about 7Mbps)  and the errors are over the threshold, so in 24-72 hours it will re-sync with fastpath turned off and interleaving + INP back turned back on, resulting in a circa 59-60Mb speed...where before it was 64Mb on Interleave/INP

before:

Max:    Upstream rate = 25000 Kbps, Downstream rate = 77244 Kbps

got 64Mb sync as Interleave/INP is on as line is now not good enough for fastpath anymore since probem happened

after:

Max:    Upstream rate = 24483 Kbps, Downstream rate = 67715 Kbps

got 67Mb sync as Interleave/INP is off BUT will be turned on in the next few days as errors are well over the hourly threshold, this will result in a 59/60Mb speed

the end result is I originally lost 16Mb of speed, took it on the chin when BTo refused/couldnt sort it out 3 times

now ive lost another 4Mb overnight

i know for a fact a staff member is going to say well lets just wait and see if Interleaving and INP is turned off and go from there...but i can tell you from experience that it WILL go off  within 72 hours because ES is over 30 per hour

my time with Plusnet is up, thing is I know this is possibly not a plustnet issue but an Openreach one trying to get better line stats for other customers by L&S my line onto noisy pairs....THATS whats going on there, its not VDSL take up as Ive experienced that in my lsat property and its a small steady decline, not jumps of 16Mb after 9 months then another chunk 12 months after that etc..  sync reductions from VDSL take up just does not cause this type of reduction.

I would like for BT to resolve this or Iam going to try my luck with SKY as they at least have control of their own backhaul from the DSLAM/Exchange

EDIT: ive been informed elsewhere that this is typical of crosstalk, to rid it my line needs to be shifted to its original or other pair

2 REPLIES 2
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Futher speed lossess ongoing - now 20Mb lost since signing up

@snadge  If you go to SKY you will still be using the same fibre from the exchange to the same DSLAM in the FTTC cabinet and the same copper line to your house, do you really expect your speed to change? This could be a crosstalk problem or some other reason. The fact that Sky have different backhaul at the exchange will make no difference to your sync speed. I don't believe Openreach have been swapping your line around either.

snadge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Futher speed lossess ongoing - now 20Mb lost since signing up

Fix

read my edit:

anyway its resolved itself this morning, there must have been ongoing work on the DSLAM