cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fun and games with fibre broadband

mrhappy99

Fun and games with fibre broadband

So...rather than write a novel I'll try to be as brief as possible. I've moved to another flat temporarily while I'm having repairs done. I thought it would be straightforward to transfer my account over. I was mistaken.
We moved into the flat on February 22nd having made the call to transfer the account on February 16th. We plugged in our phone and there was no dial tone.Various attempts were made to set up the account which seemed to fail for one reason or another eventually an engineer was scheduled for March 17th. He came. He stuck a device in a couple of sockets then he left without fixing anything; we still had no dial tone.
Another engineer came on the 21st. He was an absolute diamond and checked everything; after 6 hours of checking all the sockets and with dogged persistence he managed to get us a dial tone. No mean feat clearly. We has been told previously during one of the many phone calls I made during this time that the fibre broadband should now be working. It wasn't and he told us that he hadn't been instructed to do anything about the fibre in the job instructions (which as well as the phone issue was why we needed an engineer). We were all a little mystified. I made another call, explained the situation and was eventually told another engineer would be sent...
...Who was booked for March 24th between 8am and 1pm. The engineer didn't turn up. I called and explained some of the background etc. I tried all the required tests (as by this time there was the required blue light on the router) but the internet resisted my efforts to woo it.
I called a little later and was told they'd call me back to arrange another engineer for Friday (tomorrow) Monday or Tuesday next week. They couldn't tell me why the last engineer was MIA.
I've left out all the details about the long waits to get through to someone on the phone and the time and money wasted sitting in my flat waiting for engineers.
On March 16th I was helpfully given advance notice of my direct debit payment for fibre broadband that I am not enjoying.
So many companies are quick to sell and incredibly slow to support these days I really shouldn't be surprised, I know. I'm not even angry; I'm just sad that this level of 'service' is the best so many of us have to tolerate these days.

1 REPLY
mrhappy99

Re: Fun and games with fibre broadband

So...it's Saturday March 26th.
Obviously no-one called on Friday to arrange another engineer.
Monday is a Bank Holiday so I'll be surprised if either a call or an engineer materialise...It's looking like I'll have to call Plusnet myself on Tuesday and get the whole circus kicked off again.
Happy days!