Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full Fibre and Landline

FIXED
QuantumGuy
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Full Fibre and Landline

Just to make sure I have got things straight in my mind after readings other posts!!

Plusnet is starting to offer full fibre (not quite in my area yet!)

The full fibre package does not include a landline (despite the fact the Hub Two has a phone port on the back)

When the engineer installs full fibre he removes the copper line to my house.

If I go full fibre and want to keep my keep my landline I will have to either change ISP (BT? But I am in the middle of an 18 month contract) or port my number to a service like Sipgate and use a VOIP adapter.

Correct???

6 REPLIES 6
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

Re: Full Fibre and Landline

@QuantumGuy 

Unfortunately not.

You can probably transfer to BT free of any early termination charges if you wish to keep your phone number.

However, if you "port" you number to a VOIP provider then this terminates your account with PlusNet (incurring charges) and cancels any FTTP order in the pipeline.

Brian

QuantumGuy
Grafter

Ok - many thanks

QuantumGuy
Grafter

Sorry - as a follow up to this and to preclude and problems during full fibre install would I be able to switch to BT now without incurring any fees?Huh

bmc
Hero

Fix

@QuantumGuy 

I believe so.

However, you need to phone PlusNet first (Options Team on 0800 013 2632) saying you'd like to move to BT FTTP to keep your phone number. If they agree to waive charges they put a note on your account and then transfer to over to BT to place the order.

Brian

Edit : Sorry, if you're talking about moving now I don't know. You'd need to talk to the Options Team.

QuantumGuy
Grafter

Ok - thanks again

bmc
Hero

@QuantumGuy 

Personally I'd wait until until FTTP is available and then see what your choices are. However, it's your decision.

One other thing to mention in case it's not clear. By moving you lose your PN email.

Brian