cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrated

barry726
Dabbler

Frustrated

I upgraded to fibre on the 16th august, when my router failed to arrive I contacted CS and discovered it had not been sent, I was advised that I would fibre active on the 23rd August, but that did not occur until the 2nd September.

Since then I find my average speed in the morning early afternoon is 36mbps, then however the speed drops late afternoon speed drops to average 10mbps, in the evening the speed has dropped to a minimum of 0.6 mbps! on one occasion ,but averages about 1.5 mbps.

I contacted tech services yesterday the line was checked as OK, but a 'question' has now been opened.

But I still feel frustrated, prior to going onto fibre  I had an average speed of 15mbps but this was constant.

Perhaps I should not have bothered with fibre.

Very, very  frustrating

12 REPLIES 12
moshchops

Re: Frustrated

I've got exactly the same issue, surely got grounds to cancel contract with them as they are not providing the service that we are paying for

PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

@moshchops unless you have the option of Virgin or other LLU supplier there is no point in leaving Plusnet until you have solved your problem. A new supplier would still be using Openreach infrastructure and the wires to your house would would still be the same

To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
moshchops

But at least I wouldn't pay as much for a few months with a new provider with the offers going around at the moment. 

barry726
Dabbler

I contacted tech support this morning, I was advised that this is being looked into and that I am not the only affected customer.

I must point out that I am satisfied with Plusnet customer service.

It looks like a problem with openreach

dnpark38
Rising Star

@barry726 wrote:

It looks like a problem with openreach

Could well be that is not our problem we are not customers of Open Reach they are customers of Plusnet and as we are customers of PN it is PN that are responsible.

Plusnet need to get Open Reach sorted out, but will they is the question.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/1476198475230638155-mini.png
JHunter
Dabbler

No, they will not. Is the answer.

They will sit back and accept whatever (generous) deadlines Openreach set for themselves and get a bit miffed if you suggest that maybe that isn't good enough.
barry726
Dabbler

Well still frustrated. Whilst I get a download speed average 37 mbps with an upload average of 1.5mbps AM, it still drops PM to about 10mbps and in the evening to about 4mbps, the upload speed stays constant.

I must have been somewhat naive to expect a near constant speed during the day! plusnet seem pretty quick to sell fibre but not so fast to fix problems, I raised this issue on the 16/09 they state the question answered but the issue not resolved to my satisfaction.

Ho Hum 

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@barry726

I raised this issue on the 16/09 they state the question answered but the issue not resolved to my satisfaction.

Have you advised us that your issue is still ongoing? If not we wouldn't be investigating any further. From the sound of your description it could well be capacity issues in your area, I'd definitely advise getting a fault reported so we can check that at https://faults.plus.net

@moshchops

Similar to my previous response, I'm afraid as you haven't reported the issue to us or given us any opportunity to resolve whatever problems you're seeing, we wouldn't look to allow you to leave for free.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
barry726
Dabbler

I have reported the fault. I have just conducted two speed test in under 5 minutes this ranged from 29 mbps to 19 mbps!

moshchops

Hi, I can confirm that the issue of slow speed is still ongoing, from approx. 7pm until midnight the download speed drops to about 2 to 4 Mbps. In the day it averages about 30 Mbps.

barry726
Dabbler

At last fault has been repaired, happy bunny average 36.5 mbps.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Glad to hear it.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team