Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrated to recieve my hub

Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Frustrated to recieve my hub

OP:  And the lag/problems disappear when wired?  This sounds far more like an environmental issue to me, rather than the Hubs.  Have you tried an alternative router, or a wifi extender and tried to use the WiFI from that?
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
faybill
Dabbler

you might try this using a cat6 cable--- worked for me to extend my range was quite simple--- if you have an old router-- I am on the older plusnet supplied modem/router  set up via 10m cat6 Ethernet to another router in other room which then transmits wirelessly to smart tv and wired to pc with cat6 leads without any loss
I also use a cat6 RJ45 cable to connect wall socket to plusnet modem and that visibly increases speed by 1mb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3plXzZ1Ckc
nicolajreynolds

Quote from: Kelly
OP:  And the lag/problems disappear when wired?  This sounds far more like an environmental issue to me, rather than the Hubs.  Have you tried an alternative router, or a wifi extender and tried to use the WiFI from that?

having had a number of different set ups over the years, varying from standard broadband, the sky fibre, bt infinity. this includes set ups with open reach modems, with separate hubs as well this is the only one ive had issues with. cabling does work better at the moment as it reduces packet loss significantly, but it other wireless hubs have been ok, then how can it be the environment. previous hubs ive owned ive been able to adjust the power output of the wireless. this feature is inaccessible on the bthh5 and the power output is significantly lower than previous hubs which leads me to believe the technology isn't sufficient or fit for purpose.
also since having the bthh5 ive moved all other wave based tech across the other side of the room. so things like cordless phones etc are no longer based near the hub as a way of reducing the environmental factors. the hub is plugged directly into fibre port, this has been checked by and engineer who did say the line wasn't balanced, I know believe this to be sorted, so if you can think of anything else please let me know.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Quote from: nicolajreynolds
cabling does work better at the moment as it reduces packet loss significantly,

Significantly?  As in you still see some, but not as much?  Or does it go completely?
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager