cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fritz!Box 7490 General issue connecting with PN

NEXUS81

Fritz!Box 7490 General issue connecting with PN

Good day,

I am new to a lot of things (including this forum), so thank you very much in advance for your kind support!

I have a Fritz!Box 7490 which I bought and used in Germany, now moved it over to the UK. Here, I would like to use it at home with my Plusnet Fibre Line but have problems to get a connection.

The FB is wiped and updated with the latest Firmware (06.93), I have followed FB instructions I found on Plusnet Community (https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Struggling-to-sync-after-a-router-reboot-Fritz-Box-749...) and other Forums but without success.

Whether G.INP is activated on my FB is hard to tell. I guess this is only displayed when there is a connection to a Server.

My silly hypothesis is that I am doing a mistake on the cable side, which is why I am attaching a few pictures.

The cable from RJ11 to BT is from my PlusNet Hub...I have already ordered a cable which allows me to directly plug the FB into the BT port in the wall (i.e. without the ADSL Filter) not sure if that is the solution.

Thanks a lot for your help !!!

NEXUS

5 REPLIES 5
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: Fritz!Box 7490 General issue connecting with PN

Not sure I understand the dilemma entirely, but I have the same FritzBox, and if I remember correctly, it doesn't have an rj-11 socket for a direct connection to the BT socket, it's rj-45 socket instead.
What you need is a male rj-45 > female rj-11 adapter that plugs into the female rj-45 Internet socket on the back of the FritzBox. You then cable a male/male rj-11cable from the female adapter socket, to the female internet socket of the filter you've pictured. The male end of said filter then goes into the BT socket.
It's either that, or a female rj-45 > male rj-11 goes on the end of an ethernet cable plugged into the Internet port of the FritzBox, and then out into the Internet side of the filter and then into the socket as above.
Reading that back ^ it doesn't sound straightforward so hope it helps!

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

The cable you've ordered may work, but I'm always dubious about anything with a BT socket on the end Wink
FWIW, all the necessary adapters came with my FritzBox, but that might not have been the case if you purchased in Germany.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

NEXUS81

@bobpullen wrote:
Not sure I understand the dilemma entirely, but I have the same FritzBox, and if I remember correctly, it doesn't have an rj-11 socket for a direct connection to the BT socket, it's rj-45 socket instead.
What you need is a male rj-45 > female rj-11 adapter that plugs into the female rj-45 Internet socket on the back of the FritzBox. You then cable a male/male rj-11cable from the female adapter socket, to the female internet socket of the filter you've pictured. The male end of said filter then goes into the BT socket.
It's either that, or a female rj-45 > male rj-11 goes on the end of an ethernet cable plugged into the Internet port of the FritzBox, and then out into the Internet side of the filter and then into the socket as above.
Reading that back ^ it doesn't sound straightforward so hope it helps!

Thanks Bobpullen for your swift replies! I had to read it a few times but it makes sense...

You are right in saying that the FB has a RJ45 female at the back side.

I have now ordered a RJ45 to RJ11 cable which arrives on Tuesday, that can go into the ADSL Filter which again stays in the BT socket.

Will let you know if that was the solution - meanwhile I think that I will not need the RJ11 to BT but will see.

Thanks again and kind regards.

NEXUS

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Let me know how you get on. If you're still struggling after the arrival of the cable, I'll dig out the FritxBox and take some pics.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

NEXUS81

Hi Bobpullen / others,

the RJ45 to RJ11 Cable arrived today and I have it plugged into the ADSL / Phone Filter and that Filter is now in the BT socket in the wall. There is a difference, as I can now for example run a DSL Line test.

After a calibration run and test it tells me that there is an issue “at 7 meters”. The new cable however only has 2 meter length...I am confused.

So to summarise:

- I have done a factory reset and afterwards updated the firmware to 06.93

- VLAN is activated with ID 101

- VPI and VCI are set at 1 / 32 I also tried 0 and 38 as I saw this in the forum somewhere both without success

- IPv6 is activated

- My DSL Version is 1.100.135.18

Can anyone help me please?