cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequently losing connection over the last few days (flashing orange light)

Mason47
Hooked

Frequently losing connection over the last few days (flashing orange light)

Over the last few days/nights I've had frequent disconnects the router will drop connection and start flashing orange then after 30 seconds to a minute the connection will return and the router back to solid blue.
We had this problem when first joining back in July but put it down to teething problems with the new provider, but now it's returned and is really frustrating.

8 REPLIES 8
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Frequently losing connection over the last few days (flashing orange light)

Welcome to the forums, @Mason47 .No doubt one of the Help team will pick this up at some point, but if you would lke the Community to try and help:

For Community members to be able to help, information from these two sites:-

BT Broadband(obscuring your phone number) and BTW Performance Tester - Please report the 'Additional Diagnostics', and sight of the Help Desk tab would be a start.

It may also be a good idea to report the results of a Quiet Line Test - dial 17070 option 2 from a (preferably corded) phone. After the confirmation of you phone number, there should be total silence apart from the regular 'Quiet Line Test' announcement. Any other noise - report a PHONE fault first.

John
Mason47
Hooked

Thanks for the reply John.
Hopefully the attached images are the correct ones you asked for. I can't do a line test as I don't have a land-line phone to use.

https://ibb.co/LJgDJBL
https://ibb.co/6Hk8JCZ
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hello @Mason47

Thanks a lot for reaching out and I'm really sorry to see that you're having problems with your broadband connection. This one is going to need some troubleshooting to be done on your end prior to raising the matter with Openreach.

My broadband line test isn't showing any underlying fault with the network, however a Bridge Tap is being detected. This is often the case when there are defects with the internal wiring, or the wiring across the perimeter of your property.

Going forward, please have a read through our Troubleshooting Guide to see if you're able to resolve the issue sooner. When testing, please remove the faceplate from your Master Socket, and connect your router directly into the test socket which lies behind it. Avoid using any extension cables / sockets too if possible.
Troubleshooting Guide - https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/connection-troubleshooting/

If the problem still persists, please let us know and we'll look at arranging an engineer visit. Smiley

KBD

GEA Test Detail
Circuit ID NA Service ID  

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 49.0 Mbps
Upstream Speed 7.7 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Detected
Radio Frequency Ingress Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 595.5
Upstream Rate Assessment Low
Downstream Rate Assessment Low
Interference Pattern Regular Interference Observed Daily
Service Impact Retrains Observed
Interference Duration Longest Occurrence From10:15to10:45
Interference Location Unknown
Interference Observed In Days 3
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream traffic detected
Technology VDSL
DP Type External
Profile Name 0.128M-49M Downstream, Interleaving High - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2021-11-01T14:15:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 36.0 Mbps 49.0 Mbps 48.5 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 7.4 Mbps 10.7 Mbps 9.7 Mbps
Up Time 305.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 896.4 Sec
Retrains 0.0 8.0 0.0
Radius
 Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Mason47
Hooked

Thanks for the reply, I've run through the troubleshooting guide and done all the steps possible.
I'm connected into the master socket already but I can't remove the cover plate for the socket behind it as the cover doesn't want to come off at all almost glued. The socket is coming away from the wall rather than the cover I'm prising and pulling on it that much.

I'm currently even having to post this on mobile data as its dropped again.
Mason47
Hooked

Ignore my last post. Me been a dummy thought that the top of the master socket somehow slid or opened up I hadn't realised I had to remove the facia. I'm now plugged into the test socket and have run the tests again.

https://ibb.co/s9Bsy5T
https://ibb.co/PZ2x42P
https://ibb.co/RYngP76
Mason47
Hooked

After waiting a little longer I've just done another speed test and am now getting the usual 45mbps not 6mbps as pictured
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

You would be better posting the results from the Help Desk tab on your router - log in, go to Advanced/Troubleshooting/Help Desk.

Is the router stable in the Test Socket?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @Mason47

I'm sorry to see you're having issues with your connection. 

So we can investigate further, can you reply to the ticket I've logged on your account Here with when you'll be free for an engineer visit? If you can post back when you've responded, I'll make sure we book the engineer as soon as we can.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet