cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequent drops, sluggish speeds - Again!

sw4mpl0rd
Grafter

Frequent drops, sluggish speeds - Again!

I'm having regular drops on my line again (2 that I've noticed this morning)  and the speed is pretty sluggish at around 38 Mbps (down from around 50)
This problem keeps occurring every few months. Pretty tired of it to be honest. Hoping you guys can help again.

I've attached the latest test I could do.

49 REPLIES 49
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: Frequent drops, sluggish speeds - Again!

Hi @sw4mpl0rd, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear you've been having connection issues as of recent. Checking over your connection from this side and shown by the graph below I can see the intermittent drops that look to be occuring which certainly hint something is out of place somewhere.

Our testing into your connection further from this side isn't highlighting any underlying faults or errors that are behind the drops we've seen however. I'd recommend then, firstly running through a few internal checks your side that will help us narrow down the cause of the drops further.

I'd recommend starting with basic checks here: http://goo.gl/p2tpvL

And if that doesn't help the next thing would be to rule your internal wiring out by plugging the connection into your test socket which is under the faceplate of your master socket and seeing if the drops stop. This rules out internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause. How to locate the test socket and set your connection into it can be found here:
https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242
Given the frequency of the drops occuring I'd advise monitoring the connection in this set-up for 24-48 hours if the drops aren't persisting straight away as to be sure.

Please let us know how it goes.

sw4mpl0rd
Grafter

Hi Ben,

I'm already using the master socket, but I'll keep an eye on it for a few days and report back!

ta

sw4mpl0rd
Grafter

Hi Again, 

Speeds now down to :

14mbps down

15Mbps up

Not noticed as many drops but the speed is a real issue.

AHWifi
Dabbler

Hey there, 

just wondering are these speed tests running on a wired or wireless connection? 

sw4mpl0rd
Grafter

Similar speeds both wired and wireless!

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Good morning @sw4mpl0rd

Thanks a lot for reaching out again and I'm sorry to see what looks like repeated issues on your line. I've just had a scroll down the account and there appears to be quite a lot of issues Sad

Further tests on the line this morning have once again located an external fault within the network, this will require engineer intervention. When you can, please head over to faults.plus.net and raise this with our Tech support Team.

Towards the end of the questionnaire, you'll see an "Additional Information" box, use this to state your availability for an engineer visit.

Give me a nudge on here once that's been done and I'll get it raised with our suppliers.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
sw4mpl0rd
Grafter

Hi Adam, 

Yeah, it's been an issue on and off for 2 years.
I've gone to faults.plus.net and got this:

Broadband Troubleshooter Unavailable

There is currently a fault open in our systems for your line. This may be as a result of an old fault, or a system error.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @sw4mpl0rd, I am sorry for the issues with your service and the issues trying to raise this.

I have now created a manual fault ticket on the account for you here, please just get back to us via the ticket with the requested information and we can get that progressed for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
sw4mpl0rd
Grafter

Hi Lauren, 

I'm getting this now when clicking on the link

Sorry, but something isn't right

There was a problem with your question. Please check and try again

There was an error

We were unable to access your ticket information.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Looks like that link given is to view service notices rather than tickets. Changing the word service notice to question in the website address should do the trick. 

Try this https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=217581228 Smiley

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
sw4mpl0rd
Grafter

Thanks, I've added the requested info.

Cheers!

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Really sorry about that @sw4mpl0rd, thanks @Anoush!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
sw4mpl0rd
Grafter

After ta 3 hour engineer visit my speed is still horrible, he's blaming the router and saying the line is fine.
I've tested with 3 different routers and its the same on all three. 

Help!

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 247

@sw4mpl0rd Which routers have you used? It would be interesting to see the connection data off one of them.

John