Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequent dropouts

Crawfy99
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Re: Frequent dropouts

I’m experiencing virtually the exact same issues as this. I have the 237.2.2 firmware and am getting multiple dropouts and also extremely variable speeds (1Mbit-40Mbit). Please could you recommend what I can do about this?
Andy
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @Crawfy99, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear you're having connection issues. Checking from this side I'm not certain the issues and drops you've been seeing look to be a result of the firmware the router is on. This is solely because we've only seen 1 drop in connection with your router from this side in the last 17 days as seen by the graph below:

We are also seeing 54.9Mbps download getting to the router which is a little alarming given the product you are on and the estimates for your line being 60.2 - 80Mbps however I feel this may be a result of the profile for your connection being set at 0.128M-55M which would explain this. What it wouldn't explain however is the speeds you're seeing your side between 1-40Mbps and the drop outs beyond the 1 shown above. Can I ask then, the further drops and lower speeds you are seeing, are these whilst on solely wireless connections or wires devices also?

pj_2018
Hooked

Hi Bob ... as an update, it's obviously a little difficult to be precise (I don't know if anyone can produce the type of chart shown elsewhere on this thread?) - there have still been dropouts, but perhaps fewer than before?

Thanks

Pete

gordo1952
Grafter

had this problem a little while back, turned out to be anti virus software talking to their home and then dropping the connection.  cannot remember if Avast or AVG  free ones.   after a lot of searching and trying things we arrived at that switched to windows defender the problems went away

Crawfy99
Hooked

I’ll be honest, the lowest speeds were on WiFi so I’ll have to take another look at that. However I have never had 60-80Mbps speeds on the PC directly connected to the router. Am I overpaying?
gordo1952
Grafter

have you  a tried a BT speed test and diagnostics  ?    I did I should be getting between 24 and 48  mbphs  last night I was 2.5 and this morning 11.1    had a post up for 2 hours an no answer . when I can find to open a ticket I will try.  if no answer to that bye bye. I'll jump to BT with a free alexa thingy

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@pj_2018

I think it's probably best in this case to go down the router of an engineer visit. If you could update the ticket with your availability and we'll get this arranged for you. 

@gordo1952

Looking at it your post was picked up earlier this morning (they're dealt with in a queuing order and generally you will be waiting longer than 2 hours for a response FYI). 

@Crawfy99,

I can't see multiple drop outs on your connection at all:

That said the profile on your connection is stuck so we've added it to be reset to lift it up. It's likely this is what is causing the lower than expected speeds (it might be worth advising what speeds you're currently receiving). The reset should complete 24-48 hours if you're still having lower speeds after this time please let us know. 

Crawfy99
Hooked

I've just run a few speed tests and currently am getting an average of 52Mbps download and 16Mbps upload.  I can make myself free this week if a visit is necessary, just let me know the day and an approximate time.

Thanks

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@ Crawfy99,

No visit is necessary for yourself. It's a remote reset. 

Crawfy99
Hooked

Just let me know if there's anything you need me to do at this end.

Cheers

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@Crawfy99,

Nothing should be needed apart from notifying us if the issue is still present after 48 hours.

pj_2018
Hooked

Thanks Joe, I'll do that.

Pete