Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequent dropouts recently occuring

Riotlightbulb
Dabbler

Frequent dropouts recently occuring

Hi,

I was wondering if a Member of Staff would be able to run a line test as i have recently been experiencing connection issues.

I have had perfect service up until a little while ago. The dropouts seem to occur late evening, night or early morning and seem to be getting more frequent. Normally the Internet comes back after a few mins but last night it seemed to be out all night and had to restart the router for it to work again even though all the lights on the router were correct.

I have not made any changes yet - such as removing the face plate of the socket - but would just like a line test first to confirm the issue.

Thanks in advance.

Riot.

Edit: Mod to Member of staff.

2 REPLIES 2
agedgopher
All Star
Fixes: 15

Re: Frequent dropouts recently occuring

Mod's do not have access to line tests and so will be unable to help. Mod's are customers just like you and I.

You need to hope that a member of staff happens to be around to perform your request.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Frequent dropouts recently occuring

Hi @Riotlightbulb,

I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced this issue with your connection. I've tested your line today as requested and though I can see the connection dropping out, we're not detecting any external faults that could be the cause of this issue.

As this is the case I would recommend going through our online troubleshooting guide for these types of faults, which can be found here. I would also strongly recommend setting the router up within the test socket, another guide for which can be found here.

Please let us know how you get on with these tests and whether or not they help to improve the connection and we'll be happy to investigate further if any issues persist.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team