Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequent disconnects since starting service a month ago

potatan
Dabbler

Frequent disconnects since starting service a month ago

Hi,

I get disconnected frequently, and the router shows either an Orange light or a flashing Orange light (this might be due to how long it takes me to look at it, I'm not sure).

Yesterday this happened at least 6 or 8 times, including three times between 9pm and 10pm.

I powered the router off anf on yesterday evening and it has been stable today so far (8am-10am) but the advice suggests I should be able to leave the rotuer on all the time.

I've performed the troubleshooting tasks, and have run an online Line Check using the plus.net link.

I have turned off the linking of 2.4 and 5ghz

I was with BT before Plusnet and didn't have these problems.

Could there be an issue with my router?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
imanc

Re: Frequent disconnects since starting service a month ago

I have been having this problem quite frequently in the last month. Yesterday was quite bad as the connection dropped off every 30 mins or so!

idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

@potatan wrote:

Could there be an issue with my router?

Could be, might even be a line fault. Is this connected WiFi or ethernet cable?

Do you still have your old BT router? If so have you tried using that to see if it IS the PN router playing up? You'll need to change the log in details on the BT router to the PN ones.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
potatan
Dabbler

I've run the line check, and it reported no issues. There were also no issues (like this) with my previous provider using the same line.

I've sent the BT router back to avoid incurring charges from them, so I can't compare

potatan
Dabbler

So it's possibly not just me then! It has been better today, no dropped connections at all so far...