Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequent disconnections.

TCP443
Hooked

Frequent disconnections.

Hello

I have been unable to talk to anyone on the helpline so I am posting here.

Unusually for PlusNet, I have been experiencing frequent disconnects on my Unlimited Fibre Extra connection.

This started happening on 9th July where I had 7 drops between 02:43 - 11:56AM.

I have had 4 drops today starting 02:37 - 16:26.

My Draytek router sends me a notification every time the router reconnects which is how I have become aware of the instability on my line.

My sync speed has remained relatively stable:

Downstream                Upstream                
Actual Rate    56325    Kbps    8886    Kbps

Please can someone in technical support investigate as this is highly unusual, I usually remain connected for many months without problems.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Frequent disconnections.

Thank you for your time on the phone today. I'm sorry that your connection has been dropping and for any inconvenience thatat this has caused you. 

As discussed, testing your line isn't picking up the cause of the problem from here at the moment and you have confirmed that the connecton has been more stable over the past day or so. Please keep an eye on the connection and run through the troubleshooting checks here if it starts dropping agian. Pleae get back in touch if the troubleshooting doesn't resolve the problem.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
TCP443
Hooked

Re: Frequent disconnections.

Hi

I updated the Draytek firmware to V3.8.9.8_Vector2. Since then the line has been more stable, only one drop today.

It may have been the wet weather we have been having recently, not sure, but since it stopped raining and I updated firmware, seems to be better.

I will monitor and let you know.

Thanks