cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequent disconnections of Internet

Kalian

Frequent disconnections of Internet

Hello, 

Our Fibre Broadband was working perfectly for years but we have now been having problems for the last couple of weeks. The internet connection will drop out for 5-20 minutes at various points throughout the day. We now see this happening about 10 times per day. I have attached pictures of the router and modem when this is happening although other lights do come on for a short time before turning off again over the time it is down. We have found turning the power off and back on sometimes returns the internet connection however this may just be a coincidence. On rare occasions, the router displays a red power light instead of the green light but this does not happen on all discounts as far as I have seen. Normally the green power light is displayed.

Please could you help me in any way that you can. 

Thanks very much for your help!

Chris

4 REPLIES 4
yarmon1

Re: Frequent disconnections of Internet

Hi Plusnet and fellow users  I would be interested in the reply to this issue when working from home I have to reset the router 6 or more times a day as the internet connection drops out, I have used Plusnet previously with no problems but this router/internet connection  is not as reliable as previous versions, I have tried the 2.4/5ghz potential solution today so waiting if this has any effect

Waiting and hoping for a solution

Ray

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Chris & Hi Ray,

Sorry to see you're both having some connection issues at the moment. 

I've just performed some test on both of your lines and we're not seeing signs of any obvious causes. 

Please try following the checks here next: https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/connection-troubleshooting/

If the issue continues beyond that it would then be best to report a fault at http://faults.plus.net

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
yarmon1

Hello Adam, i have used the trouble shooting guide and also separated the 2.4Ghz and 5 Ghz channels as advised by another post, in the Hub advanced settings. My daughter has recently moved to Plusnet March 2020 and lives in the same street but has no issues. The issue is the broadband speed runs as normal ans is test to be OK, the speed then runs very slowly and simple web pages fail to load I then have to reset the router to get the internet connection to work as normal. The router has been reset 3 times today after all my checks and change.I tried the link to raise a fault but I had this error below.

Broadband Troubleshooter - Error

There's been a problem

We're sorry, but you can't use the Broadband Troubleshooter to report a fault on your service. Please contact our Support Team for help.

Primevil666

Mine is doing the exact same thing, as is my partners. Both on plusnet fibre. Ran through the troubleshooter multiple times pointlessly