cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequent disconnections after fibre upgrade

Jonicus

Frequent disconnections after fibre upgrade

Hi all, hoping someone may be able to give advice on my issue.
Upgraded to the 80/20 package yesterday from adsl2+ as my cabinet was finally ready.
Just a bit of additional info in case it helps:
The Openreach engineer turned up (at 8:30am) and said I was actually the first customer to be connected to fttc from this cabinet and due to the incredibly close distance to the exchange and to the cabinet I should be getting pretty much maximum speed.
He set up the Openreach modem and I then connected this to my TP-Link TD-W8960N and configured and it started working immediately.
Now the first speed test I did, I only got 20Mb down but 16Mb up. (the same speed down I got with adsl2+) So I waited a while, reset both the TP-Link and the modem and I got a much more respectable 74Mb down.
During that day however the Openreach modem would occasionally drop the dsl connection and then connect back again straight away (I counted about 5 times). Again, I thought I would be patient and give it 24 hours.
But tonight after I got home from work, it is still doing the same thing, but much more frequently! The speeds are fine when its connected, but it just keeps disconnecting. I look up and can see the Openreach modem flashing the dsl light trying to connect again.
It does seem to disconnect more when I'm actively using the connection. If no one is using the internet it seems to stay connected longer.
Now I know its only been 1 day since the upgrade, so do I just need to be more patient? Or is this an issue that others have had and has to be resolved my another engineer vist etc?
Thanks for your time and hope you can help!
Thanks, Jon
2 REPLIES 2
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Frequent disconnections after fibre upgrade

It seems stable at the moment.

If it keeps happening I'd recommend raising a fault using the link below.
https://faults.plus.net
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Jonicus

Re: Frequent disconnections after fibre upgrade

Thanks for that Matthew.
I'll see how it goes when I get back from work this evening and start using it again.  Smiley
Jon