cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequent Internet disconnections

Lukeyboygb

Frequent Internet disconnections

So this has been going on since I purchased Plusnet 2-3 weeks ago. Ever since my fiber has been activated I'm having multiple intermittent internet drops upwards of 5-10 per day for roughly 3-5 seconds ( very important I don't receive these as I work from home). My family have another line coming into the house so two seperate mine and there's. And have 0 issues with 0 disconnects with the same equipment and wires while using their line so I know that isn't an issue. I've noticed that the DSL connection remains connected and doesn't lose connection ( checked from router management). I've also tried changing the hub multiple times , hub 2 + now tp link AC2800. Any ideas what is happening?
9 REPLIES 9
Lukeyboygb

Re: Frequent Internet disconnections

I must also add, other then these disconnections the internet runs perfectly... Speed is great. Had an engineer come and check my side but as a majority of the time it runs perfectly he said no faults are found and everything is running properly..
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

@Lukeyboygb What do you mean by 'internet drops'? What do the Hub lights do during these 'drops'?

John
Lukeyboygb

The hub lights don't change... My pc has no connection to the internet . Cannot access sites or anything.. on windows says no internet for a few seconds and comes back after about 5 seconds
jab1
Legend

@Lukeyboygb Very strange. The only suggestion I can make at the moment is to suggest that you post a copy of your Hubs Event log, and we can see if that gives us any clues as to what is happening.

John
Lukeyboygb

I don't know if that's because it's only dropping out for a few seconds on both the routers I've tried hub 2 and tplink ar2800 the lights do not change. It's extremely strange. It seems when it happends I get an influx of upstream pkt errors as I said previously the DSL connection remains
Lukeyboygb

Alright I'll take a look and post it here when I get home thanks
jab1
Legend

OK. If you can post the logs, though, preferably from the Hub2, it may help.

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@Lukeyboygb 

Are you connecting via wireless? If so does the same happen if you use an Ethernet cable?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hiya @Lukeyboygb,

I'm really sorry you are experiencing an issue with your connection and for the inconvenience this is causing.

I have run some tests on the connection and its not flagging up any external fault.

Please can you look at the image below and let me know the drops there match up with what you are seeing? and if any of them are where you have rebooted the router.

Connection

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team