Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequent Disconnects

jonnymccni
Dabbler

Frequent Disconnects

Hi All,

I noticed a slight speed decrease and had a look, noticed the router has been disconnecting every 1 - 2 hours the last couple of days. I don't hear any unusual noise on the phone line, and the speed hasn't dropped below the minimum for my line yet, is there anything i can do before it gets that far?

I had an SNR reset a month ago and it had been fine since. Running over 10mb, now down to around 8...

Cheers,
Jonny
6 REPLIES 6
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Frequent Disconnects

Hi Jonny, I'm sorry to see your connection's dropping. I've been testing your line just now and the tests aren't showing any issues, but I can see the drops from looking at a graph of your connection logs below:

I'd recommend plugging your router into the test socket found behind the faceplate of the master telephone socket if you haven't done so already, there's steps Here that explain how to if you're unsure, making sure you aren't using any extension cabling between the socket and your router. 

If your broadband carries on dropping, we'd need to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further so I'd recommend raising a fault to us at faults.plus.net and in the notes box at the end, tell us when you'd be free for an engineer visit (The available timeslots are weekdays 8am while 1pm, or 1pm while 6pm)

This'll mean we'll be able to arrange an engineer straight away once we've picked the fault up.

Feel free to post back once you've raised the fault or if you need further help and we'll be happy to pick this back up. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jonnymccni
Dabbler

Hi Anoush,

Thanks very much for your detailed response. I haven't plugged into the master yet, i will do that now. But before i did i wanted to mention that the connection appears to have been stable for a day or so, but upload sync has dropped up 965kb, it's usually about 1.2mb. I'll plug into the master now, though it shouldn't make too much difference as we have no internal wiring.

Cheers,

Jonny
jonnymccni
Dabbler

Ps i meant test socket, done now.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Jonny,

No problem, I'd keep an eye on it and if you're still having issues with your router in the test socket, head on across to faults.plus.net and let us know and we can arrange an engineer to take a closer look. Cheers

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jonnymccni
Dabbler

Hi there,

My connection seemed to stabilise for a while, at up to 11mb, but has recently dropped to around 8 again, could someone take a look at my history and see if it's likely to be a fault? Still in master socket. Cheers
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @jonnymccni, thanks for getting back in touch and I'm sorry to hear the speeds look to have taken a turn for the worse. Looking over the connection from this side however, currently I can see we're currently getting 8.3Mbps download reaching the router from this side which looks to fall still towards the higher end of the 5-10Mbps download estimates we have for your line.
On top of this, the drops we saw previously look to have settled massively with us only seeing 2 drops over the last 4 days and then a further one over the 10 days before that. In which case, with the speeds performing as we'd expect and the drops not occuring more than 3 times in 24 hours or 6 times in 72 hours then we'd not be able to raise this issue with our suppliers.
I'd advise then monitoring the connection your side further and should you see the drops look to increase or speeds drop below the estimates to please get back in touch and we'll happily investigate further.