Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequent Disconnects

jan
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Frequent Disconnects

I am trying to download a couple of games from Steam and notice the download keeps stopping. When I check the router, it keeps disconnecting, roughly every 10 minutes.  Speedtest (new Ookla Beta)  give excellent results .
I have a billion BiPac 7800N
Win 7 pro x64
http://beta.speedtest.net/result/4982304442
4 REPLIES 4
Thetwohoughs
Grafter

Re: Frequent Disconnects

I'm assuming that your 7800N Billion is fed via its EWAN port, using the Openreach modem from the master socket?
Our 7800N recently 'died' I found it dropping the connection, the real sign that it has failed was when the wireless stopped working.
jan
Rising Star

Quote from: Thetwohoughs
I'm assuming that your 7800N Billion is fed via its EWAN port, using the Openreach modem from the master socket?

That's correct
Quote from: Thetwohoughs
Our 7800N recently 'died' I found it dropping the connection, the real sign that it has failed was when the wireless stopped working.

The top case of mine has yellowed over the hottest components, but never had any problems with it. I'll keep an eye on it.  I've been managing 1/3 connection speed dl on Steam for the last 37m now without disconnects - I just wish it would stay nearer the peak of 6MB/s +
[edit] Spoke too soon - I got 50 minutes then a disconnect, then just two minutes & another disconnect. 😕
Thetwohoughs
Grafter

The top of mine has also yellowed!
Is there another router you can try?
jan
Rising Star

The plusnet one is buried in some boxes in the back of a cupboard full of stuff.  My annoyance / problems have not yet reached the threshold required for me to empty that cupboard...yet