cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequent 10pm disconnects

PW75
Dabbler

Frequent 10pm disconnects

Almost a daily occurrence that connect drops out, modem/router turns orange and all internet connect lost.

Normally returns within a few minutes 

43 REPLIES 43
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Frequent 10pm disconnects

Hiya @pw, thanks for getting in touch. I am sorry for the issues being experienced with your service.

Testing today hasn't highlighted anything that could be causing these issues.

I have checked the connection and it looks like this is dropping around the same time, every 4 days. Are you using our router?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
PW75
Dabbler

Hi,

Yes using your supplied router, it was supplied several years ago when I moved onto fibre.

And using the micro filter too, it is connected into main socket.

Broadband has just dropped out 30 ish mins ago, unless that was caused by your line test?

Thanks 

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to me! The drop this morning does actually coincide with the test I ran, so that explains that one.

Thanks for confirming about the router. It might be worth getting connected into your test socket for the time being, help with this can be viewed here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

If the drops then persist, though given the frequency (around 2 drops over a week period), an engineer might have a difficult time locating the cause of the drops, if you can log a fault here: https://faults.plus.net we could look at progressing this further for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
PW75
Dabbler

Hi, 

I've connected into the test socket this morning and will see if the problem persists, the master socket is the only socket in use in my house.

Thanks

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks @PW75, let us know how you get on.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
PW75
Dabbler

Hi,

Connection dropped again last night around 21:20, it has been connected in the 'Test' socket since Wednesday

PW75
Dabbler

I've now logged the fault from the link you provided

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks a lot for logging the fault on the account @PW75

Given the number of drops you're having, as per the visual radius, I'd echo @LaurenB in that the engineer is likely to find no faults with the network. Personally, I'd be inclined to suggest seeing how you get on with a new router, given the length of time that you've had your Plusnet Hub One.

Would you like me to order a new one today to see how you get on with that? We'd still retain the option of raising the matter to Openreach if this doesn't help.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
PW75
Dabbler

Hi Adam,
Yes trying a new router/modem does sound like a logical step.

Could you please arrange for one to be sent out

Thank you
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Great stuff @PW75

Thanks for getting back to me, that's all been sorted for you, and your new router will be arriving within the next 3-5 working days - all associated fees have been waived as well.

Once it arrives, monitor your connection for 72 hours and let us know how you get on. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
PW75
Dabbler

Hi,

Internet dropped out again last night around 21:30 and took a few minutes to come back on.

This is using new router, micro filter and plugged into test socket.

Can you please escalate the reported fault that I logged

Thanks

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @PW75,

I'm sorry to hear the connection dropped out last night. Having tested the line we're unable to detect what may have caused this, though I can see that this the first drop in the last 5 days or so. Did anything change or was anything different to usual last night? It may be worth leaving the connection as is for the next few days to see if this is a continuing trend or just a one off.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
PW75
Dabbler

Ok, will do.

Theres been no change or anything different at the time of disconnection

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Thanks for confirming that. I just had another look just now and the good news is the connection didn't appear to drop out last night at 10PM. Hopefully this trend continues into the future, but just keep an eye on things and let us know if there are any issues Smiley

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team