cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For the last few hours I've had 2mb dl speed and 100 extra ping to all servers

Willb4

Re: For the last few hours I've had 2mb dl speed and 100 extra ping to all servers

Same issue here, From Glasgow,Gone from 73mbs down to 3mbs and my Ping is up at 147ms. Uploads at 4mbs.
Mark
Grafter

Re: For the last few hours I've had 2mb dl speed and 100 extra ping to all servers

Zen & Uno seeing similar http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/zen/t/4455777-re-zen-or-my-local-exchange-bustedagain.html
Looks to be a BT issue affecting parts of Scotland and depending on routing, some NI customers too.
eastendboy

well....i'm the same as you guys.  Sad  Sad  Sad  . i live in central scotland...out of interest, where are you guys
Blackdog35
Dabbler

Quote from: Mark
Zen & Uno seeing similar http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/zen/t/4455777-re-zen-or-my-local-exchange-bustedagain.html
Looks to be a BT issue affecting parts of Scotland and depending on routing, some NI customers too.

I notice the Uno guy on that link blames the current situation on standard congestion that's been a problem for a while. I had no congestion, high pings latency at all before last night. I was getting a solid 70mb d/l every night even a peak times. There's clearly been some sort of one of event that's changed the routing and or affected capacity.
NATO

Interestingly my connection has now resumed it's super-fast performance, latency is back to normal too. It's 12:54 AM so I wonder if this is load-based, I will keep an eye on it tomorrow.
realtbhuion

yeah, mine is now back to normal throughput/latency as well, much the same sorta time as it improved last night, too.
matt_2k34
Grafter

Yep @NATO - Same conditions as yesterday. I'm guessing this is down to capacity on BTW's network (BUT as the high load started happening with bad weather, I'd say it's probably them routing more via their "northern" MSAN/POPs)
I think the Uno guy is a red herring. issue has arisen after chunks of the country got submerged in a few foot of poop water.  Undecided
@Blackdog35 - I'd ignore the Uno guys advice. Sounds irrelevant to the PN situation tbh.
between1and16ch
Grafter

Quote from: deathtrap
I would bet that this is the same problem but in a visual form http://community.plus.net/ping-graphs/ For more ping graphs
One of the biggest lag tsunamis i have seen yet and again only during peak times , it 's A Something plusnet's side of things  B, Within the BTW network , If B then will affect customers of other ISP's who use BTW for back-haul , It will be affecting customers in only certain geographic areas,

That's my graph being quoted there. I'm in the Scottish Borders. I'm not there right now but I'm dreading the prospect of trying to deal with PNs'support' when I get back. The last time I had to ask for help I got no help and no interest except to get rid of my contacts. it turned out to be a problem with a device in BTWs backhaul as after that failed completely and was sorted my disconnection issue went away.
deathtrap
Grafter

Quote from: Matt_2k34

PN Will hopefully be able to provide a bit more info tomorrow, as they'll be able to engage with BTW over the issues (although they'll probably just throw back the MBORC)

I wouldn't be holding my breath on that happening, But i'm sure other ISP's will have some info as to an ETA on a fix before them, as has been the case in the recent past
gm4jjj
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Well I went to bed before things recovered to normal as indeed they have. I did notice that things had marginally improved just after midnight. So it kind of confirms what others are saying about it is load related but unusual and only affecting parts of the country.
If it is flood related then I am not going to make a fuss about it as we are just lucky not to have been directly affected by water in our homes like some poor people.
Happy New Year to all, hope 2016 is a better one for everyone.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: deathtrap
Quote from: Matt_2k34

PN Will hopefully be able to provide a bit more info tomorrow, as they'll be able to engage with BTW over the issues (although they'll probably just throw back the MBORC)

I wouldn't be holding my breath on that happening, But i'm sure other ISP's will have some info as to an ETA on a fix before them, as has been the case in the recent past

It was due to a problem at a POP in Glasgow causing (quite severe) degradation of service (BT ref:59810). A hardware replacement was carried out early hours, and the issue marked as resolved at 4am. Keep your eyes peeled and let me know how tonight goes. Interested to see if it has any effect of those of you in NI.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

dai
Grafter

Thanks for the update Bob. As someone who has been affected in Northern Ireland, it will be interesting to see if the issue has indeed been resolved.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Some of the affected circuits listed against the BT incident are based in NI, so I'm guessing Glasgow is the closest mainland POP for some of you.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

NATO

Quote from: Bob
Interested to see if it has any effect of those of you in NI.

Yeah it all seems to be resolved for myself and my friends in NI who are all with PlusNet. Thanks for the prompt update, gaming can commence again! Smiley
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I also had it but to a very minor degree - down in Dorset
The red bit was a power cut