Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing orange-

Jkh88093
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Flashing orange-

Hello all

As the title says, I am experiencing drops in my connection, where the router flashes orange. Resets will not fix it, I just have to wait it out.

In addition to this I am getting speeds of 10-18mb as opposed to the minimum speed of 34mbs. These speeds are both wired/wireless. Wired being slightly faster than wifi by a few meg.

I have tried plugging into test socket with a microfilter, no difference.

Any ideas? I do have an engineer coming in a few days but would rather be able to fix it myself/ not waste anybody's time.

Cheers
5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Flashing orange-

Hi there and welcome to the community forums.

Sorry to hear you're experiencing connection problems.

If you've tried the test socket I don't think there's much more you can do as the problem might appear to lie beyond what you're responsible for. Can you let us know how the visit goes?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Jkh88093
Dabbler

Hi Gandalf, thanks for the prompt reply.

Noted on the above, I know it's not the wireless functionality of the router as I'm getting similar speeds on wired. I just didn't want to get charged for a callout that was due to something I'd done wrong, but to be honest I don't think there is anything I am doing that is wrong.

I will keep you posted- Do you know what the flashing orange light indicates? When this happens and I go through the diagnostic tool that pops up in the browser, there is not an option for a flashing orange light. Further to this, I do not have a broadband light on my router? Even when it is functioning normally and the main light is blue? Does the Hub One router simply only have the one light?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I just didn't want to get charged for a callout that was due to something I'd done wrong, but to be honest I don't think there is anything I am doing that is wrong.

The main check we advise for this type of problem would be the test socket as that rules out internal wiring. As long as your router is all plugged into there, and there's no loose wires it'll be unlikely to be a problem we'll charge you for.

Do you know what the flashing orange light indicates?

That means your router is out of sync to the cabinet (Green box in the street).

Further to this, I do not have a broadband light on my router?

Further to this, I do not have a broadband light on my router? Even when it is functioning normally and the main light is blue? Does the Hub One router simply only have the one light?

The broadband light will usually light up if your router attempts to authenticate to us, which isn't possible until it's in sync to the cabinet. When everything is working as it should be, it's normal for you to see just a blue light.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Jkh88093
Dabbler

Great, thanks Gandalf. Noted on the broadband icon. Engineer is coming tomorrow so will let you know the results.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems at all.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet