cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing Orange Light On Hub

george_seamons
Dabbler

Flashing Orange Light On Hub

For the last few days I have had a flashing orange light on our fibre hub. Sometimes if you turn it off and leave the power off for 30 seconds, once it boots back up, it stays blue for about 30 seconds once it has run through its start up sequence, but then goes back to flashing orange. After leaving it switched off overnight on Friday, upon turning it on on Saturday morning, it stayed blue, and seemed to have fixed itself for a few hours, however, it then reverted back to the flashing orange. Would it be possible for somebody to look into this please?

20 REPLIES 20
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Flashing Orange Light On Hub

Hi @george_seamons,

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing with your service and I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

I have ran several tests over your line and broadband service and there does appear to be a potential fault, to get to the bottom of it we need you to perform a few checks.

To rule your internal wiring out we need you plug the connection/microfilter into your test socket (which is under the faceplate of your master socket) and seeing if the connection works.

This rules out your internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause of these drops.

How to locate the test socket and set your connection into it can be found here

If the problem still persists, please can you raise a fault here  and let us know once this has been done?

Thanks.

george_seamons
Dabbler

@Mads, I'm not sure if you altered anything, but the flashing orange light has now turned to solid blue, and it all appears to be working correctly now, without me touching anything...so thank you!

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

@george_seamons - magic, cheers for letting us know. 

If you need any more help please don't hesitate to ask! 

All the best, 

MoR

george_seamons
Dabbler

@MasterOfReality @Mads Unfortunately the same thing is happening again now. We have now been without internet for 3 days. Please could you look into it again for me?

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @george_seamons, I've tested the line but this isn't picking up what may be causing this.

I'd advise following the troubleshooting steps that @Mads provided above and raising a fault if the issue still then persists.

Even if your connection returns in the meantime, given the intermittent nature of this issue I'd still advise following the above steps so we can progress with investigating this for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
george_seamons
Dabbler

@LaurenB I have tried all the steps, but nothing changes. I raised a fault ticket on Monday, but have not heard anything since. The connection came back Monday evening for a little while, but it has since gone again. Please could somebody look into this ASAP, its very frustrating!

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @george_seamons, I'm sorry that you're still having issues.

Thank you for raising the fault, I have picked this up and raised it to our suppliers for you; it looks like we'll need an engineer to investigate further. I've updated the ticket here, please reply on the ticket with your availability and if you let us know once done we will pick it up for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
george_seamons
Dabbler

@LaurenB whilst this cured the issue for a little while, we are still having intermittent issues with signal dropping out. The engineer that attended replaced the BT master socket, and said if this didn't cure it, it would most likely be the router at fault. I suspect he may be correct, and the router is now the issue, is it possible to get a replacement sent out to us please? As it is, our service is so unreliable we are having to resort to using 3G, which has resulted in my wife having an additional £20 on her phone bill, which she is obviously not impressed with!

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @george_seamons,

I am sorry to see that the actions the engineer has taken hasn't resolved the issue and would be happy to send a new router to rule this out as the cause.

It will be with you in the next 3 to 5 working days, please let us know how it goes.

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
george_seamons
Dabbler

@SammyM I received the replacement router last night, many thanks for that. However, I installed it, and we are still having the same issue, very intermittent connectivity, even though the blue light is on the router (most of the time). Is it possible to run another line test?

Nothing has changed in our house with regards to devices etc since the problem first started, however, we now have absolutely no internet over wifi (which we use for our phones), and the TV which is hard wired has a very intermittent internet connection.

Beginning to lose the plot...and my wife is really getting on my case about it!

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @george_seamons 

Just to check - is the new router connected to the test Socket of your premise? 

Thanks, 

MoR 

george_seamons
Dabbler

@MasterOfReality the engineer fitted a NT5EC BT master point, so there are no ADSL filters, which rules those out. I have tried it in the test socket as suggested, but the problem persists.

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @george_seamons, thanks for getting back to us. As we can be certain it's not the router or internal wiring at this point causing the drops in connection the best course of action from here would be to get another engineer out to investigate. I have raised a new fault ticket on your account with information required from yourself which can be seen here
If you could please drop us a message on here after doing so we'll get this picked up for you as soon as possible.

george_seamons
Dabbler

Without wishing to tempt fate, the connection appears to have been ok all this week, so I will continue to monitor it before having an engineer revisit...I don't really want to get charged for it!