Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flaky Connection

southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Flaky Connection

My connection seems to be very flaky the past couple of days. Getting lots of 'page cannot be displayed', no response to URL requests and general sluggishness. I just wondered what might be wrong? My speeds look ok I think? I did get a new PPP session yesterday to see if that helped but it didn't seem to make any difference. Using the ECI Openreach modem along with the PlusNet Technicolor fibre router. Connected with LAN cable.

3 REPLIES 3
deathtrap
Grafter

Re: Flaky Connection

Try a different DNS provider, sounds like a case of flaky DNS  servers to me
skinarelli

Hi woodm,
I've experienced simlar problems with Plusnet superfast fibre since having it installed in December. It's a good job I'm already bald!!
After reading another thread on this forum here, I did as deathtrap suggests above.
To expand on his advice, can I suggest you have a look  here and alter your DNS servers to Google's Public DNS servers as a test.
I changed my DNS servers for both IV4 and IV6 and it solved my issue instantly.  Smiley
southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Thanks both. I switched over to Google's DNS and saw a marked improvement. Maybe OpenDNS is having some problems at the moment. At least it seemed that way for me the past couple of days.