cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware Update

Bobengineman
Hooked

Firmware Update

I am suffering from random disconnects see Fault report 176593192. Although that fault was eventually closed after a period with no disconnects, the problem returned immediately after.

I have noticed the following Forum post with a similar problem.

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/PlusNet-Hub-One-Fibre-disconnects-randomly-and-too-fre...

A fix was provided with a firmware update for the Plusnet Hub provided by @bobpullen  to firmware version 4.7.5.1.83.8.259

My Plusnet Hub is on firmware version 4.7.5.1.83.8.237.2.2

I would be grateful if you could download the new firmware update to my Router to see if this will resolve my issues.

Thanks for your help

Bob

7 REPLIES 7
deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Re: Firmware Update

Hi @Bobengineman

I've taken a look at your fault report, and I can see that you confirmed it was fixed on the 31st July. Since then you have had an up time of 12 Days, 23:34:49 (on going).

When I ran checks on your line everything is looking fine. What issue are you currently experiencing at the moment?

With regards to the router firmware, this is still in testing at the moment, and will be released once it has passed all tests. As you can see in the link you posted, this was upgraded for a couple of customers as an attempted fix, but advised it was still in testing.

You mentioned in your ticket that you also had a Draytek 130 modem, do you have the same issues when you connect to this directly?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bobengineman, @deank - For what it is worth the newest version of the DrayTek 130 firmware was released on 27th March 18 so applying this, if not already done so, may be an option.

Edit:- Added URL to Firmware. https://www.draytek.co.uk/support/downloads/vigor-130

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@Bobengineman, I've upgraded your firmware (the connection will have dropped briefly), however as @deank says, it doesn't look like your DSL connection is dropping anyway.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Bobengineman
Hooked

Hi @deank, @bobpullen

Thank you for your replies.

From your test you are seeing that my line has been connected for almost 13 days. This is not what I am seeing.

A quick summary from my end:

25/7 3 reconnects and 1 reboot by me as no data passing

26/7 to 6/8 Line stable no problems.

6/8 8:42am I close fault report as line was stable.

Later.....6/8 3 reconnects and 1 reboot by me no data passing

7/8 6 reconnects during morning and 1 reboot by me as no data passing.

When I upgraded to Fibre Extra in April, I ordered a Plusnet Hub. After 2 weeks I chased non delivery to find that your mailing department had loaded a new Router with my account details but posted it to a Plusnet customer in Norwich. This resulted in both myself and the Norwich customer being connected to my account.

When upgrading to Fibre Extra my line speed did not change. During 2 support calls late April or early May, not sure, the Agents did there best to remove the Norwich customer from my account. Both calls lasted a couple of hours, as they had difficulty in removing the other customer from my account. After the second call all was thought to be fixed.

Is it possible that when you report that I am up for 12 days, you are actually seeing the Norwich customer? Is he still on my account and is this the reason for the disconnects that I am experiencing.

Also @bobpullen I have not received the new firmware that you sent. My Plusnet Hub Helpdesk page still reports "Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.237.2.2 Last updated Unknown". I have rebooted the Router to no effect. Is it possible that the firmware update has gone to the customer in Norwich.

Regarding the Draytek modem, yes I have the same intermittent problems.

@Anonymous Thanks for your suggestion, I am using the latest Draytek firmware that you suggest.

I would be grateful if you can confirm that the Norwich customer is not connected to my account.

Thank you all for your continued support.

Regards

Bob

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Ah, my error.

You were connected for 12+ days straight according to our records, however that connection ended  at 01:31 06/Aug/2018. Since then the line has dropped ~25 times.

All recent connection attemtps against your account (the 12 day session included), have originated form your physical broadband circuit, so there's no crossover there.

The router I've targeted has a serial number ending '699' and it is running 4.7.5.1.83.8.259 according to an inform event sent from the device to our hardware management platform early hours of this morning.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Bobengineman
Hooked

Hi @bobpullen

Thanks for persevering with this problem.

I note that the serial number of the router you sent the update to ends 699. Unfortunately my serial number ends 547 and still reports version 4.7.5.1.83.8.237.2.2. I think this confirms the point I was making above.

When this problem first arose in Apr/May the symptoms were the same as now :

1) regular reconnects

2) periods when the router reported a good connection but no data would pass

3) periods when all worked normally

When the replacement router was sent out to me in May it had not been personalised to my account. I had to enter the login details to get it to connect. Does this indicate that your despatch department did not record the serial number to my account?

The Plusnet Agent I spoke to in Apr/May took down the serial number of my router during the support call and was to add it to my account as well as removing the other plusnet customer. I guess that support call did resolve the issue as all was well until I think the 15th July when the same symptoms returned. Does that suggest something happened on your system at that time?

This morning the WAN log of my router is full with the earliest entry timed at 9/8 02:18, recording 5 resets and other events.

I hope that now the problem has been identified a permanent solution can be found.

Many thanks.

Bob

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Well something odd is afoot in which case. There's only one person connected to your account and that person is seemingly connecting from your physical line using the router I targeted.
Private message me the MAC address and serial of the device actually connected to your line and I'll do some more digging when I next get the chance.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team