cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firbre sync speed increased but through still capped at 48mb

FIXED
smurphy

Firbre sync speed increased but through still capped at 48mb

Hi, I have had brodaband speed problems for a while which bt couldnt fix after 3 engineer visits, had good previous experiance with plusnet so joined up and already getting further, engineer visited today and proved line is fine but found the line card was capping me at 55mb (I am on 80/20 profile). He changed me onto another card and the sync speed has jumped up from 52mb to 67mb. Engineer says it will take 3hours before card will reset and sync speed should go back up into 70`s where it was when I first moved here, at the moment it appears my throughput is still capped where it was even though the sync has jumped up considerably. Is this something that will sort itself out? I did read somewhere on these forums the same issue and it was line shaping causing it? Thanks for your time to read this.

4 REPLIES 4
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Re: Firbre sync speed increased but through still capped at 48mb

It will probably sort itself on a day or two, but PN should reset your profile quicker if you get in touch with them.

Often a CS rep would see your post and sort it out, but they seem to have been scarce recently.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

Hi there. I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing speed problems.

It doesn't look like this is a throughput problem, as your router is in sync at 67.4mbps. As it's (marginally) below the estimates of your line, we'll need to arrange another engineer visit to further investigate.

I'll update your fault ticket soon.

EDIT: Misread your post. Looks like the speed profile on our side updated from 50200kbps to 65200kbps yesterday morning. Can you reboot your router or do a single disconnect/reconnect of the PPP session letting us know how it goes?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
smurphy

Hi,

I have just rebooted router as asked downstream sync 67.21mb and broadband speed test now up to 62.7mb so yeah big improvement :), fastest its been in a long time, thnx to the engineer that found that line card fault :).

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Success! I’m glad to hear that. Smiley
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet