cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firbe is so slow it is unreal

Jamiekellypaige

Firbe is so slow it is unreal

I am really not happy with the speed I am getting on your fibre, I have tried everything to improve the speed including buying a new router and moving the router to different connections throughout my house. However the speed has steadily decreased over the months to a point it is barely usable. I now find myself paying for a service that I cannot use, the speed is now down to unacceptable 6mb. Might as well go back to dial up. I have attached copies of  speed tests including your own. They all ask if I wish to share my results...... I would be too embarrassed to tell anyone else. 
6 REPLIES
essenby
Grafter

Re: Firbe is so slow it is unreal

The fact that the upload speed is far in excess of the download speed would suggest a fault condition of some kind.  Have you raised this with tech support?
MattyC
Champion
Fixes: 46

Hi Jamie,
It looks like there is definitely something wrong here. I've run a quick test and a fault was instantly found on the phone line.
I have raised this with Openreach, and they expect it to be resolved by 15/01/15 23:59:59. I am hoping that this should improve things on the broadband side, but if not we will look into that next. Sorry for the inconvenience  Embarrassed
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Jamiekellypaige

I appreciate you looking into this, I upgraded my Internet to fibre as I like gaming and streaming, however over the last three months this has been mostly impossible. Lets hope it can be sorted.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

What have you done apart from posting on the website to resolve your issues  Huh  Smiley
I mean have you reported a fault also there a many fellow customers on here willing to help
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

The issue @MattyC found has been resolved now. If you could please monitor your fibre and let us know if issues persist, it would be appreciated.
 Tony
 Plusnet Support
Jamiekellypaige

O.k have seen an improvement, speed has increased to around the 40-50 mb mark will keep an eye on it and give you a shout if anything changes, I appreciate your prompt help on this nice to see good customer service.