Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingers crossed!!!

twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 3

Fingers crossed!!!

Got my install tomorrow (24th Nov.), and hopefully everything shall go all ticketyboo... Grin
Can't wait for fibre, even if it's not true fibre, it's still better than nowt (which the present ADSL may aswell be!!), just so long as it surpasses my mobile broadband's absolute limit of about 14Mbps, then I'll be happier than a pig in poke... Grin
9 REPLIES 9
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Fingers crossed!!!

Yeah everything is great until you start dropping speed and BTW / Plusnet wont do a damn thing about it then you wonder why you bothered. 
twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero

Nice positive review..... Roll_eyes
Anyway, BT Opencreach guy called an hour ago, lives in the same village apparently, said he'd be here within an hour (has to do some stuff at the exchange, LLU to BT wiring swap I guess), not begrudging them a few minutes though, can't expect everything to be 100% for 100% of the time... Grin
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Yeah great review when you look at the speed test in his signature! I'm really, really lucky that I get a blistering 6.9Mbps on my 20CN line, but there's many people who are probably getting 1/10 the speed he's getting and paying more for the privilege!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero

Yep, we're going from 1.8Mbps (up to 16Mbps my back door!!) from Primus to whatever we get, anything above 14Mbps (my mobile broadband;s limit) and I'll be happy, after all, it's an "Up to" clause, and we're supposed to get up to 38Mbps... Smiley
Anyway, BT guy's just been in, swapped the master socket & whatnot, he's just gone off to do the work at the other end... Smiley
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Jelv the sig speed is what I USE to have not what i have now, I'm just warning the OP not to get to excited as i said it's great to get the speed i was excited when i got mine, but when you hit issues and speed loss and Plunset / BTW wont do a damn thing about it that excitement soon goes
twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero

Well, I can say I'm happy, Plusnet FTTC is working (there's an issue with porting the number over, but the engineer's raised that and will be back later to close the job), speedy internet, even if it's the 38 Down package (the engineer says the line can do 80 down!!), I'm happy... Grin
And the obligatory Speedtest:

That's with my ancient laptop hooked directly up to the rather nice Huawei FTTC modem, going to wait 'ti the jobs all closed before I relocate the modem upstairs on my data extension... Smiley
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Despite the earlier doom monger, the vast majority of PN customers are, like me, extremely happy with the service we receive. Welcome to the  Cheesy Cheesy club!
twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero

I'm definitely happy so far, and one thing I learned, the BT Openreach guy's MIL lives up the street, so he's in the area pretty often, which means I can pester him if anything goes wrong (and I've already offered to fix his home laptop, that's how you get things done, have someone on your side in the right places and things are fixed quickly!!) so always good to have someone in the know on hand...  Grin
twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero

Well, a cockup, but not Plusnet's fault as far as I can tell, Primus (aka Fuel Broadband) decided to say no to porting the number over, didn't bother contacting the account holder to find out if it was a genuine transfer though, so, that's been sorted now so hopefully the BTO guy can close the job soon, and we can use the phone itself as the number we have is an engineer's number apparently and it's not quite working... Roll_eyes
FTTC's still storming along though... Cheesy
(and the guy's laptop fault is terminal, sadly... Sad )