Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally my speed has increased :)

Riza
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Finally my speed has increased :)

Hi there,
It's been over a year since my speed just got stuck on a bras profile of 68.11mbps (where a engineer cannot be sent to reset DLM, unless speeds go below 25% of the estimate) and I have finally found a fix which increased this IP Profile over the couple of days  Huh
My kettle was first acting funny, as soon as I turn it on, the RCD switch (British Gas had installed some fancy smart meter and electrical equipment in my cupboard) breaks and only turns off the electrical supply for all sockets in my house. As soon as this happened, I noticed a hitch of a speed increase, with the kettle off to a BRAS Ip profile of ~70.08mbps. Electrical noise might have caused my stuck profile due to dodgy appliances.
I then set my Linksys router's settings in DD-WRT to restart the router automatically every 2am in the morning daily (so I think this is a great time to resync the router when nobody is using it  Wink ). Yesterday the Bras IP Profile was at around 72, and today it is 73.26mbps!
Weird, so I learnt that the magnetic field of electricity induced by the kettle somehow effects my line. Quite strange since they have nothing in common  Grin
I am finally pleased after a year to find the problem of my IP Profile being stuck at 68.11Mbps  Cheesy I did have my original line at 76, but I shall think this should increase towards that when DLM makes my band higher...
I thought I might just post this incase somebody else has some form of stuck profile. The powercut from the RCD, may have also reset the OpenReach Modem, causing a increase in speed or BT may have released some firmware quite long ago which my modem couldn't get...
2 REPLIES 2
scottymc
Grafter

Re: Finally my speed has increased :)

So have you bought a new kettle or don't you drink tea/coffee any more .......coffee or internet now that's  a tuff choice  Grin
Glad you sorted it
Riza
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Finally my speed has increased :)

Quote from: scottymc
So have you bought a new kettle or don't you drink tea/coffee any more .......coffee or internet now that's  a tuff choice  Grin
Glad you sorted it

Well, I haven't got the time to look for a new kettle.
Coffee or Internet ummm.... Depends if congestion is an issue now  Huh
Will take coffee any day, no faults for that invention  Grin
I have actually read that people who drink coffee are much more productive than those who don't, so an advantage to that as well  Cheesy