Re: Filter failed?

7th was when the fault happend

9th is today (covering BT visit)

dws1900
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

@graemev 

Is your setup back to how it was prior to the incident, and if so whats the speed like?

It may be a while if the dslam has to re-asses the line before you reach the optimum speeds.

For your info I get the following from snmp on my 2860

Rate Attainable, VDSL SNR (down), Output Power, Line TX/RX speed, Down Stream Attenuation, Wan traffic speed, Lan traffic speed

There are some missing as draytek have not implemented all the items in the snmp OID the last time I looked.

graemev
Grafter

(Sorry I don't get any alerts about messages , only when I stumble on "Plusnet community"  in an unrelated search)

Speeds "sort of" stabilised. Something odd happened in the 23-28 July range  ... eg lots of the "error stats" etc got set back to zero. I need to dig into it but, from memory, these were stats stored at the far end (Plusnet Kit) so I can only assume they switched my line to different hardware (or just reset/upgraded the hardware)

graemev
Grafter

OK, was on hold for hour (Currys) so had a chance to dig out the event 24-jul2020 @ 0:07 GMT

Odd things:

Error seconds (NE) went to zero

Error correction seconds (FE) dropped (?)

CRC (NE) dropped

most perplexing NE_IMP went from zero (long term) to 235   [Impulse Noise Protection value]

Which seems like an "algorithm change"   (like interleaving etc) whereby a different scheme has been selected.

[ABTW, during typing this post I received a phone call from Plusnet checking on the status of this (due to previous post) "an unsolicited support call" , that's not something you normally ever see, kudos to Plusnet there I think.   I once got an unsolicited home visit from a Doctor .. two in one lifetime , wow! ]