cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre wont connect

sammers14

Fibre wont connect

When I log into the sign in page it says i'm not connected. I try entering my username and password, it does the PPP symbol spinning thing, then goes back to the same page saying i'm still not connected. I spoke to plusnet who confirmed everything is working properly, however it clearly isnt. I tried resetting the router, factory reset, everything, Plusnet have even sent me a new router but that has the same issues. This leads me to think that its an issue at their end (i've used my house phone which is plugged into the same port with no issues).

Does anyone know how this can be resolved as I have been without internet for 2 weeks now and only been with Plusnet for 4 weeks!

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Fibre wont connect

Have you tried a different microfilter?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

sammers14

Hi Baldrick

Thanks for the response. Yes i've tried a new filter and tried taking off the face plate and connecting directly into the "hidden" port. Also i've tried it without a microfilter at all.

Could it be anything to do with Plusnet somehow (incorrectly) blocking my account or some admin issue?

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Have logged into the router and looked at the logs to see if you get any clues from them?

Have you by chanced changed yout member centre password recently? This should be the rame as the router.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @sammers14,

Thanks for the update.

At this point we're going to need to get an engineer out to ascertain what's going on.

I've just sent out a ticket accessible here which we do need a response to in order to book the appointment.

Please let us know when you respond, so that we can take any necessary action for you ASAP.