cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre upgrade

esther1980

Fibre upgrade

I upgraded to fibre and got confirmation it would apply from 07/01/22 and got the new hub 2 plugged in and working etc.
The first few days the speed seemed mega fast compared to what i was used to, then a week later im back to the cruddy 2-3mbps !
on my account everything says its set up and ok etc.
Did all the checks and still a totally naff speed and the text bot help says no issues with the line.
So how does the speed start ok then just drop and stay low?
different speed tests show different speeds but mainly slow and low
8 REPLIES 8
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Fibre upgrade

@esther1980 This sounds like you are still in 'set-up' mode on the Hub. What is the 'Username' on the Helpdesk page of your Hub - 'yourusername@plusdsl.net' or 'setup@plusdsl.net'?

John
esther1980

Hi
Its the first one with plusdsl.net
jab1
Legend

OK. In that case, we need a bit more information.

For Community members to be able to help, information from these two sites:-

BT Broadband(obscuring your phone number) and BTW Performance Tester - Over a wired (ethernet) connection please report the 'Additional Diagnostics', and sight of the Help Desk tab from your Hub would be a start.

It may also be a good idea to report the results of a Quiet Line Test - dial 17070 option 2 from a (preferably corded) phone. After the confirmation of you phone number, there should be total silence apart from the regular 'Quiet Line Test' announcement. Any other noise - report a PHONE fault first.

If phone test is OK then take the front off your telephone master socket, you may need to remove two screws. In behind you will find the test socket. Plug a filter in here and connect that to your hub. If it’s still dropping out then report a fault at https://faults.plus.net.

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your post @esther1980

I'm really sorry for the delay with your fibre order.

From what I can see it was delayed to the 8th February due to engineer availability in your area.

Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jab1
Legend

So the OP is still on ADSL? Didn't read that way (to me) from the initial post. 😕

John
esther1980

8th feb !
Thanks for letting me know as I haven’t had any communication to say there was any change or issue, last email said 7/1/22 and when i logged in it appears to all be sorted, and from what i have read i didn’t need to do anything and it would all just change automatically.
Odd that i got some fast speeds with the new router initially.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No problem, I can't explain that either, but you're definitely still on standard broadband. 

Things will change over automatically so you don't need to do anything, but it'd need an engineer to go to the cabinet (the green box in the road) to carry out the work and based on the delay, it looks like they're very busy. Sad

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Fibre Broadband.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine