cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre upgrade

amygrimes

Fibre upgrade

Hello! So we were meant to upgrade to fibre on 28 May. That didn’t happen and upon a call to plusnet I was told the installation had been delayed to 1 June. 1 June and broadband and phone line go down from 10am and still not back on again at lunchtime. I call plusnet and they say fibre switch process has happened - well clearly not successfully as we haven’t got broadband or phone. We test the router, put it in test socket, we do a master reset and they say it’s a faulty router - it was plugged in since 28 May and running fine so I’m sorry but there is no way it’s a faulty router - we have tried our old router and this doesn’t work either so it’s not our end! I call back and ask for an engineer and this is booked in for 2 June. 1pm comes and goes on 2 June and yet again I call plusnet to be told that the engineer had missed the appointment - no explanation and another one can’t be booked until they have notes from engineer - what????? Plusnet call me back and engineer is now booked for tomorrow and I am told 100% they will sort it tomorrow - funny I was told this on 1 June. Really unimpressed - trying to work from home during the pandemic without broadband or phone is impossible and I understand that engineers have limited avail at the moment but manage your customers’ expectations and don’t lie that they will be there and then they are not!
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Fibre upgrade

Thanks for getting in touch @amygrimes

I'm sorry to hear about the poor experience you've had.

I've checked with our suppliers and an engineer is due to go out this morning to resolve your issues.

If you're still having issues after the visit let us know

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team