Did you mean: 

Fibre upgrade

FIXED
ByronAllen
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Fibre upgrade

Hi,

Received confirmation email yesterday that my upgrade to fibre broadband had been completed.  Does anyone know how long it takes to get the actual speeds I was told I would be getting? 

Currently still at 2.3mb and it's sooooooo slow!

Ta

7 REPLIES 7
ByronAllen
Hooked

Re: Fibre upgrade

Fix

Doesn't matter, got through on live chat and was told it will be the 4th of Nov and that the email got sent out early!

Talk about getting my hopes up lol

arktos
Rising Star

It wasn't by any chance the very misleading 'Your broadband product change is now complete' email was it?

If it is, then we've been pointing out this problem for months, e.g. https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/fibre-broadband-still-same-speed-as-standard-broadband...

ByronAllen
Hooked

Yeah actually it was.

When I upgraded, the CSA advised it would be completed by the 26th Oct. I received the router the day after the phone call so thought all was going well but the actual fibre speed has yet to be upgraded.

So all in all, if the fibre is completed by the 4th of Nov as now stated in a  live chat conversation then it will be over 2 weeks for the upgrade to completed!

arktos
Rising Star

Hello Byron,

Naturally I hope that your upgrade completes in two weeks, but sad to say, my experiences have been of longer wait times.

I helped my elderly friends sign up for a similar upgrade on 25th August. They received their router and were verbally promised 1st Sept completion. They were delighted when the "Your product change is now complete" duly arrived on 1st September. I was very busy that day but with a bit of juggling made time to go and install the fibre router for them.

But just like yourself, I found that the upgrade was not complete, and things got worse after that. The story is at https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Feedback/Plusnet-customer-service-gets-no-better/m-p/1369894#M... The 1st September turned into the 21st September, only then to find that the fibre had been routed to the wrong green cabinet.

The 1st of September which became 21st September subsequently became the 21st October before the Fibre became operative, - yes nearly two months after signing up for it. The bad news is that there are still speed issues with the line, which today was attributed to insufficient equipment capacity, so the saga continues. What didn't help is that on two occasions, the ticket wasn't reviewed until about a week after it was supposed to be, so about a fortnight was lost there.

There have been more instances of where relevant updates were not emailed - just noted on a ticket which was instantly closed and therefore not immediately visible. This is a problem others have described on these forums for some time, yet Plusnet do not seem to acknowledge it. I wonder how many people waste chunks of their lives hanging on the phone for an explanation, because they are not being given relevant updates and haven't known to check the closed tickets. I've talked about this on here before, so have others, yet it continues, - and the queues continue to grow.

Which is pretty much the same as the issue of the "Your product change is now complete" email. I've been confused by it, you've been confused by it, loads of people have been confused by it, as shown by the link I posted two messages back. I can even find messages on these forums going back to 16th February where people have been confused by it, - yet nothing changes!  In the thread to which I provided a link in my previous post, Harry B tells us that he has repeatedly passed this back up the chain, so is probably similarly frustrated. Perhaps his managers could post something to help us understand why this can't be addressed by simple rewording, to save poor Harry having to take any more flak from us.

I wonder how many phone and chat enquiries have been initiated because people have been misled by this single mis-communication template. How much of the customers' time (just like yours, Byron,) has been wasted trying to obtain clarification of the confusion caused. And how much of the poor advisors' time has been spent explaining misunderstandings which needn't have arisen, because of the poor wording on an email, which was identified at least eight months ago.

These are just two of the issues which regularly crop up on this forum, (there are more) which would be simple to fix, help the customers, and help Plusnet themselves.

I really wonder why I've posted this because these and other issues are well known to forum members, and Plusnet themselves don't seem to want to listen.

ByronAllen
Hooked

Hi Arktos,

This is quite worrying to hear!

One of the worst things about this if it does happen is that it would also always be outside the 14 day cooling of period which us customers are allowed to change our minds about the product.

As it is, the payment is due on the 2nd of Nov but the service doesn't start until (hopefully) the 4th so that's already 2 days of paying for a service I don't/won't have.

Like I said, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Friday the 4th but will be kicking up a stink if the profile/line hasn't been upgraded then.  I wish I hadn't put a fix on my own thread now tbh!

Thanks for the input tho pal.

ByronAllen
Hooked

Hey arktos, whad'ya know! My upgrade actually went through on the day it was meant to, the 4th!

I am now running on super fast broadband Cool

arktos
Rising Star

I'm pleased for you Byron. I'd been wondering how things were progressing for you, so thanks for letting me know. In my experience, all usually goes well once the service has been correctly provided, it's just reaching that point that seems to be tricky for some of us. 

I wish you well and hope that you enjoy your faster broadband.