Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre upgrade

FIXED
iannewson
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Fibre upgrade

My upgrade to fibre was supposed to be activated yesterday but I'm still on ADSL. Also I have seen no sign of my plusnet router?

Can this be looked into please?
7 REPLIES 7
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Re: Fibre upgrade

Good Afternoon Ian.

sorry about the lack of information you've had about this, your Fibre order was originally booked to complete yesterday however due to the availability of Fibre trained engineers this date was moved back tot he 23rd of this Month.

An engineer is assigned for this date to do the external work to move you over to the new service and your current ADSL will work until that point.

In regards to the Hub One, this will be with you shortly as I've sent it out today rather than waiting for our systems to get nearer the connection date, Once you receive it you can use it immediately on the current connection til the change date.

iannewson
Rising Star

Thanks for the update Paul.

Does that mean I will get a credit for the 3 weeks I'm paying for fibre but getting ADSL?

Thanks Ian
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That's correct, it will need to be actioned manually however I will make sure that is done for you .

iannewson
Rising Star

Well my fiber has been activated and my router is connected at :

Link Rate 79987 Kbps 19999 Kbps

Unfortunately It seems to be Downloading and uploading at 18Mbps so the download looks to be capped. Can this be looked into please. 

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Fix

Ye ask and ye shall receive.

If you reboot your router all should pick up immediately 

iannewson
Rising Star

You sir are a star :). Thank you Smiley

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html?id=147465902410132444005

I take it the credit will be deducted off next months?

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

To avoid any confusion in future I've actioned this as a refund against what you have already paid this month, we charge the broadband charge at the start of each billing cycle so you've been refunded for the time without service so your next months bill will be a normal that that covers you getting a month of service.

Should be back in your account in a few days, any issues just let me know and I'll take a further look