Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre upgrade

colinb
Dabbler

Fibre upgrade

Hi
Today I had my broadband upgraded to fibre. My upload speed has increased to 7Mb but my download speed has remained the same as it was. Is there a problem or do I just need to wait a while for a speed profile change to kick-in at plusnet's end?
Thanks
Colin
3 REPLIES 3
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Fibre upgrade

I've just updated your profile on our side, this should cause a brief drop in your connectivity. If not and you don't see a speed increase within a few minutes you'll need to log in to the router and press disconnect and then connect.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
colinb
Dabbler

Thank you very much Chris.
Download speed has now increased to 18Mb (18.37Mb sync according to the BT test). This is quite a bit lower than the estimated 35Mb though. Does it take a while to reach its potential or is it more likely a line quality issue? With DSL my downstream was 8000Kbps+.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Your line is connected at a lower rate than I'd expect based on the estimates. Is everything connected as the engineer left it? If so can you go through the steps at https://faults.plus.net so we can have a more detailed look.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.