cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre upgrade - "unlimited extra" not offered?

TimStephenson
Grafter

Fibre upgrade - "unlimited extra" not offered?

Hi,
Our cabinet has finally been switched on this week for FTTC and I've just placed an order to switch from ADSL to FTTC with a booked install date of 22/12.
I have a question though. The BTW availability checker is showing potential speeds between 35 & 51Mbs for clean lines & 25/43Mbs for impacted; but the Change Product tool is only offering us the up to 38Mbs service..
Given our line seems to be clean, stable and performs well with ADSL Max (Sync'd at 8Mbs), is it possible to switch over to FTTC and then determine the maximum speed it can support rather than limiting to 38Mbs from the start? Obviously we're keen to get the best possible speeds from the connection now that the days of 6.7Mbs broadband are hopefully numbered.
Many thanks, Tim
4 REPLIES 4
thesawdust
Grafter

Re: Fibre upgrade - "unlimited extra" not offered?

Quote from: TimStephenson
The BTW availability checker is showing potential speeds between 35 & 51Mbs for clean lines & 25/43Mbs for impacted; but the Change Product tool is only offering us the up to 38Mbs service..

Hello,
You are obviously not on a clean line, just because you may think it is. 38mb is good looking at the impacted stats  Smiley
PlusNET are not limiting you to 38mb, it's the average for impacted by the looks
TimStephenson
Grafter

My question I guess was more about whether it's possible to find out what our line is actually capable of running at as it seems clean for ADSL but obviously that might change in the context of FTTC. Anyway, we'll wait till it's installed & go from there.
Thanks for replying.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Once your service is installed we should be able to determine a bit more about the line quality and make some educated decisions on it.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
TimStephenson
Grafter

Thanks Chris Smiley
dick:quote