Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre upgrade progress update please

Opal
Dabbler

Fibre upgrade progress update please

Hi
Been w plusnet for years, now concerned things going a bit awry with customer service especially the lack of live chat to follow up on my fttc upgrade order of 2 weeks ago.
Can anyone on the Plusnet side please take a look & tell me what's happening or not & why?
I was told 5 working days 10 working days ago but no sign of fibre as yet.
BT DSL checker mentions an open order due to complete by today.
That's all the info I have.
Thanks in advance.
6 REPLIES 6
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Fibre upgrade progress update please

@Opal

BT DSL checker mentions an open order due to complete by today.

Unless you've made any other changes to the account, then that's likely to be your Fibre upgrade.

I was told 5 working days 10 working days ago but no sign of fibre as yet.

5 days is the minimum time, it's dependant on BT Openreach engineer availability to do the work at the cabinet. 10 days is very possible.

Do you have the new (Hub One) router ? if so, connect it and it should re-synch to Fibre once the work is done at the cab.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Opal
Dabbler

@

Do you have the new (Hub One) router ? if so, connect it and it should re-synch to Fibre once the work is done at the cab.

thanks for your reply :>)

I already have a Hub One in use - presumably it will resynch itself as the new fibre connection is (eventually) made?

Plusnet sent me two new routers - another hub one and an older? looking 2704 thing... ?

Opal
Dabbler

@Opal wrote:

I already have a Hub One in use - presumably it will resynch itself as the new fibre connection is (eventually) made?

That reminds me - the current in use Hub One is on the "Ceased list" and can't update its' firmware via TR069(?) - i've seen lots of mentions on forums of Plusnet staff making some behind the scenes changes to re-enable the auto update feature - whats the current best way to initiate this please?

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

It will , you should be able to see the difference in sync speed and Mode (it should be G.993.2 rather than G.992.5) on the Helpdesk screen ( I think! - I don't use a Hub one)  on the router gui

and an older? looking 2704 thing

Goodness knows why they sent that! it won't even work on Fibre without a separate modem and even then it's rubbish! Not even big or heavy enough to be a useful doorstopSmiley

Plusnet sent me two new routers - another hub one

I wonder which of the Hub one's are associated with your account for auto-configuration now? You may have to configure your username/password manually if it fails auto setup.

edit: I see from your post that it would appear that the new  one is the registed one.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Opal
Dabbler

Woohoo we have fibre 😀.

Next - I'd like to explore re-registering my current hub one on the plusnet update service, (that way I don't need to recreate (on the new hub one) all the network set up I've tweaked over the years).
From my earlier delvings a Plusnet forum gent called Bob Pullen was regularly sorting these re-registrations to allow router firmware updates over the TR069 system...
How best do I start that ball rolling please?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

Sorry for the difficulties you had in contacting us and for the lack of communication regarding your fibre order.

I'm actually unsure why we've sent you both the 2704N router(ADSL version) as well as the Hub One. Looks like this may be down to our automated system for some reason, but I'm glad that you have the right router and you're on fibre now.

If you can PM me the serial number and the first 6 digits of the MAC number from the bottom of your existing Hub One, I'll be happy to add it to the TR069 platform.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet