Did you mean: 

Fibre upgrade process

FIXED
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Fibre upgrade process

@sirrocco

Once the service goes live, ask for a refund for the period from the 6th July to that date. Complaints procedure is given here https://www.plus.net/help/legal/plusnet-code-of-practice/

(always use the word Compliant in any communication to get the message through)

Edit: to correct link

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
sirrocco
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Thank you for that advice I will do that ☺️
Debs947
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

I was originally given date of 14/07/2016 but as there was no change in speeds I got on to the online chat thingy and they confirmed I should be on the faster speed by midnight tomorrow night (20th July). So here's hoping it goes to plan. They said I'd get a credit in my next bill for the connection delay as I started paying for it from around the 14th.

rgilyead
Grafter

2 week pass and still no sign of my hub. Can anyone advise?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Sorry to hear that's still not arrived @rgilyead

Did you ask for the router to be sent to an address different to the one we're providing the services at? If so, could you drop me a PM confirming the address. Thanks.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
rgilyead
Grafter

Nope. It was my home address
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

For some reason it looks like the router went out to the wrong address.

I've arranged for a new one to be sent to the correct address and I'm looking in to how/why the router was sent to the wrong place the first time.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by the delay, hopefully you won't be waiting too long for the new router. Thanks for your patience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
rgilyead
Grafter

Can you please check that the address for the actual fibre upgrade is also correct? I was told it was scheduled for 27th. Looks like my hub won't be here in time now. What will happen?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

The order is placed against the line and the line is showing at the address shown on your account, so as far as I'm aware this is correct.

The router had a completely different address on it for some reason.

If you want to PM confirmation of the address, I'm happy to check if the account/line match this for you.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
rgilyead
Grafter

Sorry that didn't answer my question. The fibre upgrade is due on 27th. Will it go ahead and, if so, what will happen to my current service if the new hub hasn't arrived?
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

My previous response was aimed at this question:

@rgilyead wrote:

Can you please check that the address for the actual fibre upgrade is also correct?

Apologies that I then forgot to response to the second question.

The fibre upgrade is still committed for the 27th, unfortunately at this stage, I wouldn't be able to delay that.

If the order completes and your router hasn't arrived, you may not be able to get online unless you have access to a VDSL router.

Having said this, our routers are sent out via first class post, so there is still a high chance that it could arrive by/on the 27th. I have seen plenty of customers advise their router has arrived the following day or the day after that.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
rgilyead
Grafter

My current router does have VDSL capability but I probably don't have the right cables or filters. This whole upgrade is turning into a stressful nightmare. I am working on a plan with the Town Council and can't afford to be offline for long. 

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@rgilyead wrote:

but I probably don't have the right cables or filters.

The cables/microfilter would be the same as the ADSL connection.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
rgilyead
Grafter

Well that's a relief. Can you give me a link to the VDSL settings I would need to reconfigure my existing router? Many thanks.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

This page should help you with that: https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/broadband-connection-settings/

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet