cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre upgrade = no phone and no broadband

offtrolley
Dabbler

Fibre upgrade = no phone and no broadband

Been with Plusnet since 2014 and decided to upgrade to fibre and at the sametime move my BT phone rental to Plusnet too
Everything was working fine until the switch over day for the line.
Now I've got no broadband and no landline. Well I have a landline but the number is totally new so no who knows me can ring me. Really worried that my old phone number will be lost too (have had it for 25 years)
Just had a notification email through for activation on the 31st March. Thats bloody 2 weeks without phone and bb.
Help Plusnet can you escalate this asap
11 REPLIES 11
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Re: Fibre upgrade = no phone and no broadband

Hi,
This sounds like the wrong kind of line transfer was sent for the phone service, I'll be in at 9am and take a look, should be able to restore service sooner than that
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Good morning,
I'm really sorry about the issues with the change of phone provider.
Looking into things it does seem that a "Working Line Takeover" order was sent for your line rather than a normal transfer, this type of order will cease all service on the line and applies a new number, Currently there is a Fibre order in for the 30th, however I can cancel this and restore ADSL broadband for this Friday, then have your phone number back for next Monday, following that I can get the line upgraded to Fibre.
Let me know how you'd like to go ahead and I'll get this actioned immediately.
offtrolley
Dabbler

Restore ADSL please asap
offtrolley
Dabbler

Just received 8 text messages and 8 emails telling me my landline has been connected and giving me a new number?
I now have internet as well - not complaining, just suprised.
Please Plusnet can you let me know the stages of what is going to happen regarding my phone and broadband because random suprises are no good and I need to plan for alternatives means whilst this is on-going.
Also please can you confirm that my old phone number will be restored (this is most important)
Thank you
I understand that often staff answering questions here are going beyond their work hours and remit to put customer minds at rest and would just like to say that I appreciate any help given here.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi offtrolley,
The way orders are processed means that we need to perform a "renumber" back to the old telephone number after broadband has been activated.
That's due to take place on the 18th so the number will change back shortly after.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
offtrolley
Dabbler

Still not got my old number back. Any news?
offtrolley
Dabbler

It's now the 25th March and I've still not got the fibre upgrade or my old phone number re-instated. Still on ADSL and the temporary phone number (However, Plusnet have taken the upgrade payment)
I've been informed that my fibre upgrade is due to take place on the 11th April  Angry
There is no mention of re-stating my old number (I work from home and it is very important)
I have asked Plusnet for an update on my old number and so far no one has replied.
So again, PLEASE can you tell me when my old phone number will be re-stated.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I'm really sorry to see how poorly your renumber has been handled Angry I'll be passing feedback on regarding the advisors that have been dealing with your account and overlooking this matter.
I've got an order placed now for you and this should complete in 1 working day. Due to the bank holidays, the number should be back on your line on 29/02/16.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
offtrolley
Dabbler

I have rung my old number this morning and it is still not ringing here!
It does however ring and cuts to an answer phone somewhere out in cyberspace (god only knows where)
I have never had an answer phone on this line so where this has come from and who has access to it is beyond me.
The new number I was given in mistake is still in place.
So again I ask, please when will my old number by reinstated
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

The order I placed was showing as committed yesterday when I checked. I couldn't chase it yesterday as it could have completed any time up until midnight.
I am sorry to hear the order didn't complete as expected though. Unfortunately I'm not in the office at the moment, but I'm sure someone on my team will get this chased up for you.
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

It looks like the committed date was pushed back to today.
You should have your old number back today.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team