cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre upgrade - no confirmation

chris_w

Fibre upgrade - no confirmation

I upgraded my existing ADSL line to fibre yesterday morning, but haven't received any email confirmation of my order.   I've checked my account summary and it shows "Pending" on the Fibre Broadband line and the router is ordered but not dispatched. Please can someone advise if this order has gone through ok? I was originally quoted as going live on 31/1, but with nothing sent yet is this likely?

5 REPLIES 5
Philipw

Re: Fibre upgrade - no confirmation

Chris - I have the same issue. Placed an upgrade order almost two weeks ago and there has been no e mail of acknowledgement nor any progress. Any other change with Plusnet always moved quickly and efficiently with confirmation of progress. The fibre orders seem to be different perhaps as they need information from BT Openreach. Some indication of progress would be a good idea.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Guys ( I assume, apologies if not!) check your telephone no on the BT Wholesale checker https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm?s_cid=ws_furls_adslchecker . In the text below the speed estimates it SHOULD say something like 'There is an open order on the line, due to complete on .....' That's the date that BT will do the upgrade. If there's no open order then you have a problem and need to contact PlusNet for more information

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dismasx

I'm having the same experience, when I ordered the upgrade to fibre I was told it would be live from the 6th (today) and the new router arrived on the 4th which seemed like a good omen but I've heard nothing at all about the fibre, no email confirmation.

I tried to look at adsl checker but just get the following...

The web page at https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/pls/adsl might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Post released from spam filter.

Philipw

Thanks MisterW,

This worked and I can see that BT Openreach will be doing the work in a couple of days. A message from Plusnet confirming what to expect would be a good idea and perhaps that will come through when the new service is ready.

chris_w

Just as a follow up to my original post, I contacted customer support over chat a couple of times who advised me of a couple of days delay to my activation date. But I am now up and running fine!