cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre upgrade - may be departing

oleboyredw

Fibre upgrade - may be departing

I decided to change our internet connection having noted that PN charges seem high.  I think this is because I'm not a new customer and other providers will do the same thing.
Anyway, after a load of digging around I decided to stay with Plusnet but move to the 38Mb fibre package and take out the line rental saver (we don't actually use the phone for calls more than once or twice a week and then weekdays daytime).
So, what I got on my account was that I could get 38Mb fibre for £14.99 per month and the line rental for first 12 months of £12.99 rising to £15.99 for the last six months.  The 12x£12.99 paid up front.  This all seemed OK but I decided to call rather than complete online as I wanted to make sure I'd got it right on the line charges.  Bear in mind all the prices were upgrade prices when I was logged on to my account.  No excuses for lack of information from PN as they had my account id and my phone number and my post code.
On the call I was told that I was in Zone 3 or something and the £14.99 would be £19.99. 
Can someone explain please?  I feel stitched up and am now starting to look elsewhere, the attitude was 'ofcom set this we cant do anything about it'.
Very disappointed after several years as a happy customer.