cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre upgrade hasn't happened yet?

MarcusQ
Dabbler

Fibre upgrade hasn't happened yet?

Hi, I made the request to upgrade to a fibre connection a week ago over chat. I was told that my upgrade would happen on the 18th of August (today), but as far as I'm aware I'm still on the regular unlimited package. What sort of time should I expect the upgrade to occur, and will I be notified of this? Thanks in advance.

23 REPLIES 23
Tracey-TJ

Re: Fibre upgrade hasn't happened yet?

Hi,  I updated my account to fibre a couple of weeks ago. I was given  Monday 21st when it will change over. A BT technician has been booked to go to our green box to do the essential work. Once completed Plusnet will send me a text message to tell me connect my new Plusnet One hub, enter my key and 'bobs your uncle' i should be up and running. They said it could be as late as midnight for them to message me.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  If you haven't recieved the text then you ought to contact them. Good luck, Tracey.

Racalman
Grafter
Fixes: 1

I ordered my upgrade to FTTC two weeks ago and was told it would take about a week.

Bang on time one week later I received an email telling me the upgrade was complete.

I didn't have to do anything as my Draytek router automatically switched over from ADSL to VDSL.

Mike

MarcusQ
Dabbler

Thanks for the information. I went on https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ as suggested by a user in another thread and, according to this, there's no scheduled works on my phone line until the 1st of September. This was despite specifically being told that I would "be on faster speeds on the 18th" by a plusnet member of staff when arranging for the upgrade in chat. I'm quite annoyed that I received no email or text message regarding the delay.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter.

Racalman
Grafter
Fixes: 1

That is disappointing for you. Although my upgrade was quick it's more than I can say for the download speed, which is 10Mbps slower than the estimate. However it's 10 times faster than ADSL so it's not all bad.

I hope you get sorted soon.

Mike

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Unfortunately the date has been pushed back to engineer availability.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
MarcusQ
Dabbler

It's now the 1st of September and I've just found that I've been disconnected from the internet completely. I'm using my phones data at the moment. I have checked my router (Hub One), rebooted it even, and I'm still not able to log in with my plusdsl account. I received no text message or email to say an upgrade has occurred. What's going on?
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Does https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ still have an open order due to complete today? If so, it can take up until midnight to be activated.
MarcusQ
Dabbler

Yeah it looks like there's still an order to be complete. I just don't get why they would completely cut me until the change has been made (what if it gets delayed?). I'll post back if there are any updates

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@MarcusQ wrote:

I just don't get why they would completely cut me until the change has been made (what if it gets delayed?).

There'd be some downtime as the work is completed at the cabinet by an engineer.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

From what I can see your fibre order completed yesterday at about 5pm. Is your new router plugged in?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MarcusQ
Dabbler

Hi Gandalf,

Yes, I've had the new router installed for a good few weeks and it was working fine before the switchover. I'm not at my flat currently but I just received a text from my friend saying there's still no internet connection. He's going to try rebooting the router but I'm not confident that it'll make much difference, hopefully I'm wrong.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

If they still can't get online I'd recommend running through the checks here and raising a fault to us at http://faults.plus.net

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MarcusQ
Dabbler

Thanks, my friend will try them out when he gets back on the 14th. I've realised that my next bill is on the 12th. I was also wondering, am I going to get billed for the whole month (30 days) even though it the activation date was technically the 1st? Or will there be some split between what I was paying prior to activation and post activation?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

As you pay for your services in advance you won't be billed for fibre broadband until your next bill date the 12th. Once your fibre service is back up and running, let us know and we'll issue you with a refund.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MarcusQ
Dabbler

Hi again Gandalf, my friend went through the troubleshooting procedures you linked and apparently there's still no connection. Is there anything else you can suggest to get it working? Thanks.