cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre upgrade - No increase in speed

willh93

Fibre upgrade - No increase in speed

I had an email to confirm that my product change (Broadband to Fibre) had completed on 21st Oct but there has been no increase in speed. I'm getting around 6Mbps which is the same as I was getting previously and Fibre was estimated between 18-24Mbps?

Is there a problem with the upgrade?

3 REPLIES 3
Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Fibre upgrade - No increase in speed

Get in touch with support (online chat probably best) and ask them to check your profile. PN's systems sometimes fail to complete that part of the process. That leaves you with an FTTC connection but PN's network is throttling you at ADSL speeds. It usually only takes a nudge from them to sort out.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

It's most likely that your upgrade hasn't yet completed and the email is incorrect. Let me go double check and I'll update my post shortly.

*Update*

It's not quite as I thought, unfortunately your order hasn't actually gone through correctly. I'm going to need to place this manually, I should be able to confirm when this will complete within the next 24 hours. Really sorry for the delay here.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Unfortunately there's actually no capacity for fibre at your cabinet right now. I've sent a ticket on your account with the options on for you, really sorry about that.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.